Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ace Meet and Greet, Gatwick.....excellent

Poster: A snowHead
Just wanted to say how pleased we are with Ace Meet and Greet. We, and our motor, were met at the airport before departure last week, finished a bit of paperwork, unloaded luggage, and got trolleyed up. Then when we got back today, called them as we collected out baggage from the belt, walked outside and there was our car waiting for us. Total cost just over £50. No airport parking to pay for, no taxis, no arranging lifts. Excellent and highly recommended.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AM&G always gets good reviews here. They even drop in occasionally.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
petemillis, how much milage was put on the car......

my OH put her car into a garage a few years back and it was used in an armed robbery Shocked Shocked

always wary..probably overly so
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
They were great for me too, at Gatwick over half term.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM, exciting stuff. Did she get a cut for providing the wheels?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
petemillis, worked for me recently - but I didn't check the odometer before and after...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well, I checked my odo and there was no more than 7 or 8 miles added.
stoatsbrother, are you a Lewes inmate? ( I mean resident?)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nope - from the second biggest bonfire place...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That'll be Woodingdean then - where one can breath the smoke from a bonfire every warm summer's evening, and during the winter can enjoy the sound of popping tyres, the smell of burning rubber and foam, and the sight of black plumes of smoke from the burning cars in the more councilly end of the community.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
petemillis, nope - guess again...! Anyway you people from Moulscomb can talk...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
petemillis, I see they come with the BBC Watchdog seal of approval as well after last night wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stoatsbrother, I'm not from Moulscomb - how very dare you! Mrs PeteMillis is from Bevendean though - bit close if you ask me. We're both Woodingdeaners now (one of the posh parts though). You an 'awker?

Guvnor, didn't seen Watchdog - what did they have to say?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
petemillis wrote:
stoatsbrother, I'm not from Moulscomb - how very dare you! Mrs PeteMillis is from Bevendean though - bit close if you ask me. We're both Woodingdeaners now (one of the posh parts though). You an 'awker?

Guvnor, didn't seen Watchdog - what did they have to say?

Very intersting actually, see the report here...

watchdog report
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lenniem, that's Pink Meet and Greet, not Ace, and nothing to do with them.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've just seen that Watchdog coverage about Pink M&G. I can't believe people are that dumb they think they can get a week's valet parking for £40 and it's all going to be Kosher.

I have used Ace in the past and they were great.
snow report
NickB wrote:
I can't believe people are that dumb they think they can get a week's valet parking for £40 and it's all going to be Kosher.

Errr. Embarassed

My group, about 5 cars, used Global at Manchester the other week. About 20 miles put on the clock, but all seemed OK when we got back.

Just over £40 IIRC which I thought was fair.
latest report
marc gledhill, for a start I reckon Gatwick's parking is around 20% more expensive than Manchester.

If I remember correctly, ACE were quoting £69 but with a discount available for Snowheads. A secure, patrolled compound around Gatwick is not something that you can put together on the cheap.
ski holidays
Removed Have now repaired car

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 13-03-08 11:36; edited 1 time in total
latest report
colw, interesting - I used them last year - and they were ok - but I found the lack of a landline phone being answered at weekends worrying, so I used Meteor (via Purple Parking) at LGW in December.
ski holidays
colw, "they" (Mark Shepherd) are members here, but don't post too often http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4637
ski holidays
colw, I know it's a little late, but never ever sign for a vehicle until you have checked it thoroughly. I used to rent vehicles on a regular basis, and 80% of dents/scrapes were never on the paperwork. I used to refuse to take the vehicle until the sheet had been ammended. Ultimately, if you sign to say that you have checked it and it's okay, then you are going to struggle to get anywhere with any company.
latest report
Used Meteor at LGW this year, and after all Snowheads' scare stories, checked odo before and after - no more than 6 miles on clock.

Phone contact was good, pick-up wait timing was minimal, car was not ripped, happy with service, £65 for 6 days (Sat - Thurs) : will use again.
ski holidays
stoatsbrother wrote:
colw, interesting - I used them last year - and they were ok - but I found the lack of a landline phone being answered at weekends worrying, so I used Meteor (via Purple Parking) at LGW in December.

hi like most companies you do not know how good the are until something goes wrong
latest report
oh great...booked to use them this weekend (have used before and all was fine).

You can be sure that I will check the miles and the bodywork!

Sorry to hear your tale of woe...
latest report
Well they didn't damage it.

But they did keep us waiting for 40 minutes last night, and we only live 35 minutes drive from Gatwick!

We were NOT pleased, and were fobbed off several times when we phoned for "where is our car?".

We have used Ace before, but we won't be using them again.
snow report
Update: Just got an unsolicted e-mail from their customer satisfaction person saying

"We understand that the returnof your vehicle was delayed on 3rd Feb . We apologise for this and would like to offer you a 50 % discount on your next booking – please call XXXXXX when you wish to use this "

Hmmmm....might have to revise rant! That is decent service I think.
ski holidays
have not done anything for me yet but still hoping they will fix my car
ski holidays
We used Ace last autumn & they were terrible. I called them to book & got the snowheads rate only to find later that I could have got the same price off their website. Got to airport at the agreed time & after phoning etc had to wait 20 mins for someone to turn up. Upon return waited about 30 mins for car to turn up alongside a couple of other of their not-to-happy customers who were waiting for cars to be collected.

At Crimbo we used Maple Manor at Gatwick (booked through Parking4Less) & they were excellent, especially as I had to alter on arrival time a few times due to last minute flight changes.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
To balance the bad reports, they were very accomodating with us last week - we were over an hour late arriving and more than two hours on the return and both times they managed to be there to meet us with no delay at all, after a call from the start of the M23, and on return from the baggage hall, no trouble at all (3 cars, all booked seperately). If you didn't read the 'please call 20mins before arrival' instruction spyderjohn that's hardly their fault!

aj xx
snow report
a.j.,
spyderjon wrote:
........Got to airport at the agreed time & after phoning......

I always use valet parking & by "after phoning" I meant that we phoned 15-20 mins before we got to the airport as instructed, I didn't wait until we'd got to Gatwick before phoning them!

Phoning 15-20 mins out & then still having to wait 20 mins at the airport is not on, especially at 4am when I've been charged extra for a 'before 6am' meet.

BTW, both Ace & Maple Manor put very few miles on the car so their facilities must be local.
snow report
spyderjon wrote:
BTW, both Ace & Maple Manor put very few miles on the car so their facilities must be local.

That's odd and a bit worrying because the Ace website says
Quote:
You are met at the terminal. Cars are stored at a secured car park 10 miles from Gatwick Airport.

(I checked last week because I was thinking of using them.)
snow report
spyderjon wrote:

spyderjon wrote:
........Got to airport at the agreed time & after phoning......

I always use valet parking & by "after phoning" I meant that we phoned 15-20 mins before we got to the airport as instructed, I didn't wait until we'd got to Gatwick before phoning them!

Phoning 15-20 mins out & then still having to wait 20 mins at the airport is not on, especially at 4am when I've been charged extra for a 'before 6am' meet.

Apologies spyderjon - blame my suspect speedreading skills - after being offline for a week I've had a lot of posts to catchup on wink
ski holidays
jtr, don't let me put you off re the mileage etc. I can remember exactly how many miles both companies put on but when I said "how few" it could have 20/25 for Ace - I was really just checking that a considerable mileage had'nt been clocked up. Maple, IIRC, only put on something like 12/15 miles.
latest report
We have recently used Ace and although they were okay they could do better.

I phoned from 20 mins out on the M25, when we got there we had to wait for 20 mins. On return we phoned as we got our luggage and went outside to meet them. When the driver arrived (in a reasonable time) he simply jumped out of our car, said the keys were in it and got in their van. He didn't have a clue who we were or if the car was ours! I then walked around the car to check it, much to the amusment of the van driver who as he drove past asked if I had managed to find anything! Our car had done exactly 10 miles.

We have previously used the meet and greet at Stanstead and they were in a different league. I probably would try a different company next time at Gatwick.
ski holidays
Hmmm - just used them again last week. Great dropping the car off. However, on our return last night (after the baggage being delayed for 50 mins), we rang up once we'd finally got our bags, to be told there were delays of 30/40 mins to deliver our car because an earlier fire nearby had caused road closures and a backlog. Wasn't too happy especially as I was bearing in mind previous comments here about delays of cars. There will be an email going to them today.
snow conditions
NickB wrote:
I've just seen that Watchdog coverage about Pink M&G. I can't believe people are that dumb they think they can get a week's valet parking for £40 and it's all going to be Kosher.

I have used Ace in the past and they were great.

I can only refer you to my thread/replies re MIA secure parking at Manchester. £38 for the week, great service, 8 miles on the clock.

Obv Manchester will be cheaper than Gatwick or Heathrow, I assume?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy