Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas-Fee (18th - 25th Sept)

Poster: A snowHead
Flying out tomorrow to do the Warren Smith course - just thought that I'd share that!

Very Happy snowHead Laughing

Skiing! Snow! Yippee!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hope you have a great time. I've skied Saas Fee before, but never done the Warren Smith school. Spyderjohn did it in June if I recall correctly and really enjoyed it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
?alan empty, see you there then Very Happy Could you do me a favour and bring me a Daily Telegraph ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ise, are you near there then?

I could bring out tomorrow's Telegraph I guess - as long as you don't make me read it! I suppose it could be worse - you could have asked for the Daily Mail Evil or Very Mad

Thanks Peter - I'm sure I'll enjoy it - once I've got over my nerves.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm on the course Happy I was going to ask you not to read it first but I thought that was way too cheeky, I'm one of those people who'd prefer the newspaper ironed by a uniformed lacky, pre-read (espicially by my father) annoys me.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
btw seen the webcam ? http://www.saas-fee.ch/de/livecam.cfm

looks nice, it's been snowing a bit recently higher and there's a nice chill to the air in the mornings, should be a nice week if it stays like today.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Excellent - didn't realise you were on it. I'll pick up the newspaper tomorrow morning. Anything else you'd like brought out?

Yeah, I've been checking the webcam every 30 minutes for the past 3 months!

ise wrote:
I'm one of those people who'd prefer the newspaper ironed by a uniformed lacky

That goes with out saying - you are a Telegraph reader after all.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
it's an expat thing, you have to sit a cafe in some foreign place snorting at the Telegraph and composing letters to the editor you never send. Thanks for the offer for other stuff, we're in the UK in Nov so the supply of decaf teabags and gin should last Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cool - see you tomorrow or Sunday.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
what you doing ? getting the coach at 1400 or making your own way ?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We're getting the coach. I think we have a couple of hours to kill before that, so we're having lunch with a friend who lives in Geneva.

How about you? Are you in Geneva? Or do you live nearer to Saas-Fee?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm in Fribourg so it's 2-3 hours drive over for me.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
alan empty, ise,

You'll have a great time. I did Warren's course in July. I spoke to Warren this afternoon (to confirm my booking for his 4th Dec course - that's how good I thought it was!) & apparently conditions are great on the glacier.

Tell Warren that Jon & Debs say hi.

Apparently Warren has registered on snowHeads so try & get him to post us a few tips.

Have fun on the Skier Cross course, it's fantastic.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes, I mentioned it to him in the summer and he must have registered for a look then.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That man is always busy, busy, busy; so don't expect an avalanch of posts!

Bet you guys had a great time.
snow report
It was great expect for the wind Evil or Very Mad which meant no skiing for Wednesday to Friday. Really disappointing on the Friday as it would have been nice to put a few more things into practice.

Otherwise it was a great week. Everybody's boots were massacred, techniques destroyed and livers inflamed snowHead

What more do you need?
ski holidays
Sat' was excellent though, fresh snow, no crowds etc. Harry and his mate trying to damage their knees (so they could ski like me I assume).
snow report
I sooooo hate you now!

I hope you practiced your bracage(sp?). And did your 20 minutes of warm-up stretches.
snow report
so I'd have been correct in thinking none of you on the coach would have wanted to be SMS'ed about how good it was after each run then ? Very Happy
ski holidays
alan empty, ise,

Great to hear you had a good time, even if you were unlucky with the weather.

Once mastered (not that I have yet), that one legged ankle flexing & pivotting exercise has really made a a big difference to my posture & stops me getting 'locked out' in the turn etc.

In between the braquage (sp?) exercises did you get a run or two on the Skier Cross course?
ski holidays
Only a couple unfortunately, Jon, and one of those was just checking it out slowly. Great fun tho'. Particularly enjoyed the 10-year-old passing me above my head round a corner.

We'd have done more on the last couple of days, but it wasn't meant to be. *sigh*

ise, I guess I'll be grateful for that at least. Then again, we'd have probably turned the buses round ready to lynch you when you got back to resort. Glad you had some fun. No, really, I am!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy