Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's under your salopettes ?

Poster: A snowHead
gorjulin, welcome.

I've finally decided this year to stop taking thermals with me cus I wore 'em on the first day, got too hot, and never since in over 10 weeks of skiing. Even down to -16.

GF has to have about three layers but then she doesn't go very fast!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I always take a pair of 3/4 length running tights along for under my ski trousers in case it gets too cold, but I haven't needed them yet.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gorjulin, Hi welcome to snowHead always knickers and thermals rather be too warm than cold Skullie
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just boxers for me. I have thermals but don't use them really. i'd rather be a bit cool and have to work harder than have to slow down because i'm to hot Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmm, am I weird that I just wear jeans (not tight ones..the loose variety) under mine? Neh Neh I haven't really thought about thermals or something like that, always been with school or university up to now Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
scribbz, Welcome
and yes Little Angel
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
scribbz, Welcome, Weirdo! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you =) (for the welcome, haha, not the other part Neh Neh )
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
scribbz, with your strange 'Jeans' fetish you may get on better on this thread (later pages):

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=24546&start=160

Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think I just became very scared of this forum Neh Neh
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So, to sum it up, real men don't wear thermals unless it's minus double figures. Real women wear them if there's snow.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
maggi, And despite this, real women very rarely suffer from Betty Swallocks. Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Depends on the weather. I did find, however, that wearing my thermal base layer caused one of the lads to chase me round the chalet trying to cop a feel of my backside. As he'd never done this before, I burnt said undergarment on my return to Blighty. I'm not tempting fate.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
maggi, I'd agree with that thought, though it may be due in part to my ski trousers having a fleecy lining that always feels warm to the skin. I've only had the need to wear thermals once in about a dozen ski trips and that was a minus double figures day. I'm usually more worried about getting enough breeze through the vents to ward off Betty Swallocks.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just boxers under mine, i have bought some base layers for this season, snow & Rock's own brand, and they seem pretty darn good!
ski holidays
I wear non-insulated pants or just a light shell in warm weather - a pair of swim shorts gives you the option of semi naked sking (sure there's a pic around of that one), or at least cooling off at lunchtime.

I also wear wicking sports boxers, very comfy and get rid of any dampness (and NO.. I am not incontinent yet). I just bought a pair of the Lowe Alpine dryflow tights for the colder days - they do seem to wick a lot better than the fluffy style of ljs, esp when hiking uphill through deep snow.
snow report
I notice no-one has actually specified the activity in which they are indulging when choosing the attire for their nether regions. Call me naive, but is that not a factor? Some of the wardrobes discussed seem a bit inappropriate for a physical activity like skiing, Puzzled
ski holidays
ONly allowed to wear knickers when my wife has had a few wines.

Boxers the rest fo the time.
snow report
I've only worn thermals once this season, and that's when it was like -24 on Blackcomb. Every other day I just wear my cecks.
snow report
Normally just boxers.....thermals if it's really cold......and last year, just for a laugh & because it was springtime in California, I went commando!! Laughing
snow report
The way temps have been so high this season snowHead , A wetsuit might be appropriate
latest report
It depends on temperature.

Most skipants are good, down to roughly -20c. After that, thermals become necessary. But they make you look like a loser.
latest report
Whitegold, why? Do you wear them on the outside?
ski holidays
Think it's worth pointing out to any new skiers reading this thread, if you do wear anything under your ski trousers make sure they don't tuck into your boots. Once saw a nasty case of blistered shins caused by creased running pants tucked into socks. Ouch!!!
latest report
RachelQ wrote:
Whitegold, why? Do you wear them on the outside?

RachelQ -- I like your sense of humor.

People who wear thermals tend to look like that old dude from Steptoe and Son.
snow report
Whitegold, I think you'll find things have moved on a bit these days. Actually, these are nice enough to wear on the outside!

snow conditions
RachelQ, I like those!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy