Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Planning trip in mid march - Resort Advice?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,
First post, so hopefully you can give me some advice.

A group of 4 of us are planning to go skiing in the week of 17th March this year.
We've got one total beginner, a confident one-weeker (I had a trial by fire in Val D'Isere) and a couple of solid intermediates.

Key criteria are cheap, snow, reasonable apres-ski, reasonable ski-school for the beginner

Am thinking Soll and Sauze as possibilities. One of the group has skiied Andorra to death, so we've ruled that out, and I'm assuming that everywhere in France will be expensive.

Obviously snow is the big question-mark. Was planning to wait until the beginning of March (if not later?) to book, both to see where the snow is and hopefully get a last minute bargain.

Any other suggestions of which resorts to take a look at?

Also, I'm not sure whether or not to have another week of lessons myself or just get some miles under my belt with the other two guys, maybe with one private lesson - was confident on the blues in Val and mostly parallel by the end of the week, but obviously still have lots to learn.

What do you think?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rpopo, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

I'd be a bit cautious about Soll that late in the season - particularly this year, it's not had a huge amount of snow and it is relatively low. That said I've never skied Ski Welt (upon which Soll sits) mid-March, but I'm sure others have who can advise...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
welcome to Snowheads. There's a report elsewhere on Snowheads saying the snow is pretty poor in Soll at the moment, and there's none forecast in the foreseeable future, when it looks like being warm, so the skiing will deteriorate rapidly. We can hope for big new snow in early March - fingers crossed - but if I were booking now I would only look at places like Tignes, Val D'Isere, Les Deux Alpes, with high altitude slopes available. If I were you I would get more lessons - it's a big mistake to start just skiing around after a week's lessons because you'll consolidate lots of bad habits - including some you'll pick up from your mates - and they're hard to get rid of! Tignes needn't be expensive, there's lots of self catering apartments and the French school hols end on 10 March, and there should be plenty of availability. Lots of advice available here on how to find good ski lessons in Tignes. Val Thorens is another possibility.

If there's no more snow there'll be masses of last minute bargains but some of them will be to resorts with no snow - so do your research. If there's a big dump the vacancies will get snapped up rapidly.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cervinia, La Thuile, Obertauern, Obergurgl, Solden, Kaprun if you don;t fancy france.... which I never do wink

Packages may appear cheaper to france on the surface but once you get on that mountain get those Euro's out... you'll feel like you've been mugged by the time the first lunch bill arrives wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy