Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Choosing Ski's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm sure Phil won't mind Happy

http://www.snoworks.co.uk/i-skiing/ski_equipment.html

Still got blank looks from the rental staff this year in St Anton when I asked for > 80mm under foot with a sidecut of < 17m.

Bod.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 22-02-07 15:37; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BOD, just clicked on that link and it is asking me for a login, i suspect to you e-mail account!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stevec, try this link...
http://www.snoworks.co.uk/i-skiing/ski_equipment.html
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stevec,

Ooopppsss
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BOD, No disrespect to a guy who has forgotten more about skiing than I will ever know BUT this does have 'Sponsored by Salamon' plastered all over it.

Inter Alia he recommends the Streetracer 10, my good lady bought some last year because they were cheap and hated them as they were 'sloppy' at anything above 'slow'. She has sold them and now skis Attiva 5* or something like that ,,,
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Agenterre,

Fair comment. He is sponsored by Salamon. Was Rossigonal 2 years ago and was unashamily plugging their products. You can't blame him really.

If you can look past that and at the considerations for how to choose your ski's it makes alot of sense. To someone like me who doesn't get too technical its nice to be able to ask for the correct tyoe of ski when renting (or Buying), other than giving the standard response of the level that you ski at, which in my experience is what most rentals places have asked me.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BOD,

So what are you looking at....?

I'll go into a shop with a wish list and see if they got close to it. I'll suggest this ski and they may suggest a comparable from their POV.
If they sound knowledgable...and a lot are, then I might be pursuaded. I'll take it for a day and see... I don't commit for the week so their 1st choice should be on the mark. I will also have had a look elswhere and see what is generally on offer. I am not worried by price as there will probably be a cartel type arrangement in place in resort but that doesn't stop me trying for a deal. I'll choose VIP, its not cheap but then I'll expect a top ski in very good order.

Punts I have taken this season, and certainly came off, were the Movement Spark and Volkl Mantra. Neither were on my intial radar but certainly are now. Some of these guys really know whats what if you are straight with them about what you want to do and where you might need a bit of help. And I always tell them what a good choice they made for me... Some of them get a kick out of spreading the word and making your day.
Remember most of these guys are big ski fans and can ski like a dream. If I am just a punter to them, I'll go elsewhere.

I can't remember the last time I got a bum ski....... it was probably one I picked myself, like a B2 3-4 years ago and thats because I didn't take to them, not that they are bad.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Somehow I just can't see Phil on a pair of Streetracers Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy