Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Prices in Chamonix.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well Snowheads,

At long last we have settled on our March skiing holiday and are heading to Chamonix on the 17. The thoughts of a five hour transfer to Livigno turned us off, especially after the long transfer to Andorra at Christmas.

Ive been to France a few times before, for sun holidays, and it was always relatively cheap to eat and drink out but in a recent post on this forum a fellow Snowhead commented that a pint in La Tania could be from €6 to €8. Tell me that Chamonix isnt this expensive. I though €5 for a pint here in Dublin was bad but that would be exorbitant. Is skiing gear also expensive over there? I wanted to get a new fleece and pants and deffo getting some boots but if the booze is that much i may have to trade off between some items.

Pleas put my mind at rest.

Thanks,
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Between 5 and 8 euros.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ahhhhhhh, this is gonna be a sober holiday.

Is this the shop you work in SZK www.cham3s.com?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thedavman, One of the four, mine supports ALPINE SPORTS and WORKS with FOOT.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So how does 5 - 8 € compare with other French resorts? About usual?

IMT
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
IMT wrote:
So how does 5 - 8 € compare with other French resorts? About usual?

IMT

Pretty much in the bigger resorts... had the pleasure of paying average of 7 per pint in Meribel last year...can be a bit cheaper elsewhere as meribel is a rip-off generally for beer due to it's "profile" Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Makes Austria look very cheap http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/5806
€2.50 on the mountain and not much more down in town.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FenlandSkier, It would have to be a lot cheaper than that to get me past that face and into the bar snowHead

However this would help
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, yer cheeky old git Wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The best way to find cheap beer in France is to buy it in the supermarket and stick it outside the apartment in the snow, in the unlikely event of their being any in Chamonix town in mid March. Or even in the fridge. Cheap as chips.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman, You dont even get that for your €8 beer in Chamonix Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, crackin pic' but who's the rip in the middle wink

pam w, excellent suggestion and on I fully endorse as a loosener but, quite frankly, I'm on holiday I know it's going to be expensive to get tanked up and I'm mentally prepared so the cost is not really an issue at the end of the day.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We could never work out why 1 was ranked a 7 and the other a 2 Confused
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy