Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Friedrichshafen Car Hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Flying into Friedrichshafen in March for a holiday across the Austrian border in Lech and am looking for car hire. Most of the quotes I have received so far have been for cars without snow tyres/chains, which incur large additional costs.

Can anybody recommend a rental company that provides snow tyres and/or chains as standard at a reasonable price? Advice appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nobody does them as standard as far as I'm aware but Hertz now identify the cost for them at the time of booking ... I'm hiring there in April. If you go in through the ryanair website you can get a decent discount too
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I booked with Avis last winter in Turin, and found that the best thing was to go to the nearest services once I'd hired the car and buy the chains. They cost the same as hiring them and are not actually too heavy to take back if you leave a bit of space in your lugage. Snow tyres would be better though, it's a bit of a hassle putting on snow chains!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
iblair, I'd second that although with Ryanair weight restrictions you might not get them home but you could hide them under a bush as collect them next time you went out!

simo1234, there is also train and shuttle buses that will deliver you to Lech, but I'm sure you know this already.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for the info. I arrive too late for the train/shuttle so either need to take a private transfer (v expensive) or will be hiring a car. mAy well be hiding some chains under a bush and publishing the treasuremap on snowheads!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
simo1234, Helocpter to Lech = £1500 wink wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Helocpter to Lech = £1500

sounds like a good plan. may get dropped off at the top of the mountain for a late evening ski!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SnowGod wrote:
simo1234, Helocpter to Lech = £1500 wink wink

Excellent. Can you pick me up in Tahoe? Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Excellent. Can you pick me up in Tahoe?

Helicopter Lech - Tahoe £15000000000000 and 36 hours later... wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy