Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

World Cup Downhill

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I notice the world cup downhill will be is Lake Louise during my stay in early December. Is this likely to add to my holiday experience or will it be a pain with crowds and some pistes closed off?

I suppose it depends what way you look at it?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd be delighted to be in your shoes/boots, johnboy, . Obviously they'll close the run concerned for grooming, training and the race...but the buzz should be great, and there should be a great deal of drink flowing if Kitzbuhel is anything to go by!

Because so many visitors will be involved with the race organisation, the slopes should be less busy than usual. The big European races attract swarms of spectators, but one gets the impression that the N. American events are spectated mainly by the TV cameras. That would be especially true in early December, when ski resorts are pretty empty in terms of recreational skiers.

Let us know anyway. It would be really interesting to see what you find. If you can send some e-photos that would be the icing on the cake.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

there should be a great deal of drink flowing if Kitzbuhel is anything to go by!

unfortunately in my experience "outdoor drinking" is illegal in Canada (in BC anyway) Crying or Very sad

so no comforting hip flask by the course for you johnboy Confused
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Actually, having looked at the schedule, it's a ladies' Super G and two ladies' downhills, so (following the gender-driven nature of our sport) the party might not be so big, and the crowds may be smaller still.

I think you'll have plenty of space to slide around!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys, that sounds encouraging. You can expect a comprehensive report with photos Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes johnboy, on no account should you think of bringing a hip flask with you onto the slopes. And if you do, dont offer it to the policeman next to you on the chair. And if you do that, make you you dont know what Alan just told you.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
johnboy, being piste-side in a fast section of a downhill is an incredible experience. There's the men's World Cup DH, SG and GS in Val D'Isere the following week (11th to 14th Dec), definitely intend being there for that (conditions permitting, last year around the same time it was cancelled....)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've seen the Val d'Isere DH a couple of times and it's a great experience. The skiing is awesome, there's a great atmosphere around the race course especially in the finish area and there's a general buzz around the resort with activities like drawing race numbers, presentations and the like. Away from the course itself there's not too much disruption, so it shouldn't affect your skiing if you don't want to watch the event.

Regards

Rob
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Actually, having looked at the schedule, it's a ladies' Super G and two ladies' downhills, so (following the gender-driven nature of our sport) the party might not be so big, and the crowds may be smaller still.

Last year the LL Ladies' races attracted a surprisingly large crowd of (mainly) male snowboarders. When asked what interest they could possibly have in watching such an event, one of them gave the following explanation:

"Fast chicks in tight pants, dude, fast chicks in tight pants"
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Interesting. Did the boarders switch to the same dress code?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

"Fast chicks in tight pants, dude, fast chicks in tight pants"

There's a slight whiff of desperation in that reply, one feels.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy