Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where on the internet can i buy ski boots at the cheapest price?

Poster: A snowHead
I am looking to buy either the Nordica Speedmachine 14 ski boots or the Salamon X-wave 10 ski boots. Does anyone know a good place to buy these from at the cheapest price possible? (I've been told that canadian websites are cheap so if anyone has had any experiences of buying ski equipment on a canadian website - IS IT TRUE?)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go to a decent bootfitter and get them fitted properly.

It'll be worth it in the end.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quality always overrides cost, when it comes to skiboots. A good fit is critical.

Dig deep. Go to a proper skishop. Invest in the best, tightest, most comfortable boots you can afford.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Matt Exley, welcome to snowHead!
Let me agree with the two previous posters - get thee to a bootfitter!
Regarding price, ski boots tend to be cheaper this side of the Atlantic than the far side. (comparing shop with shop)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'll third that..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys, would it be a good idea for me to go to a bootfitter and find the right boots then buy them off the internet?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Matt Exley, rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nope, because they will need to be fitted still.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok, suppose i should go to a bootfitter then! Anyone know where in Milton Keynes I can go? Would Ellis Brigham be ok?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lockwoods are pretty close and very highly regarded (online if you want to take a look at their range) - bette bet imo than any fo the chains.

aj xx
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just bought my boots from EB in MK, then tried them out in the snow dome.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yeap bootfitter!!! I just went to a good ski shop and bought Salomon's Performa 8, they were custom fitted to my feet (they heated the boot, etc took 30 min). Next day went skiing with the new boots. No pain, perfect fit, great!!!

I wanted Salomon Iwaver10 boots and Salomon Streetracer 10 skis, they had them there for sale but the salesman told me that the boots and those skis were not ideal for me (beginner) and would make my progression more difficult. He suggested me to go for Performa 8 boots and K2 Comanche 4Com skis which I'm very happy with...

Very pleased with them, it was Ellis Brigham in Aviemore.

Pedro
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I recently posted a similar question as I wanted some tecnicas, however in the end I decided on another trip to lockwoods and he measured and assesed my feet (the faults were many!) and basically steered me towards the x-wave. I wasn't too keen as they are a bit prolific so he let me try some tecnicas and the pain on my achilles was very quick to become evident. Also steered me away from the x-wave 10 to the cheaper 8's as they were all I really needed. Paid book price but for me and the wife to be fitted took 3 hours!! for no extra cost.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So. Canadian websites aren't a goer then? wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There are plenty on ebay..... You can tell the colour and all the other important things just by looking at the pictures.

or you can go to lockwoods.

Avoid S&R
snow report
Sorry drifting off, never experienced canadian sites but the big german sellers on ebay seem cheap, especially for the expert boots.
ski holidays
The snowHead 's pursuaded me that the best thing to do was get properly fitted boots. I couldn't get to one of the big fitters the snowHead 's recommend, but I did find people to recommend my local ski boot stockist so ended up there. After about 3 hrs I came out with my 1st ever pair of ski boots - Head 8.8's. I don't know if cheap boots would have been OK or not, but I do know that I have just come back from my weeks skiing wearing them, and never had the slightest problem with them all week - just lovely comfy warm feet the whole time. I certainly don't regret taking the snowHead 's advice and taking the plunge and buying boots at the going rate with a proper fitter. They cost £140 and I had a great holiday. Despite paying the going rate (rather than possibly cheaper internet prices) a proper boot fitter has got be worth going for - incidentally the time spent with the fitter all seemed to be included in the price. At least with a fitter you know the boots are fitting when you buy them - you could still pay a fair bit on the internet and find that they don't.
snow report
Matt Exley, slight dissent from me - you're in MK and I don't think you'll be able to beat Ellis Brigham there for the combination of convenience and quality we all look for. The big chains don't have a good rep for bootfitting because of variations between individual staff but my experience of EB in MK is they're better than most and their staff turnover is slower. I bought my current pair from them and they certainly did a good job. I'm quite often in there and generally get the feel that most of the guys I talk to know what they're on about. Money's always an issue but if I get lots of good advice/service from a shop, I always feel it only fair that I buy from them, rather than go off and buy it cheap on the web elsewhere. snowHead
snow report
Thanks for your replies. A.J, i don't really know much about lockwoods, could you let me know where it is and possibly a website link?
snow report
Matt Exley, www.lockwoods.com based in leamington spa
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy