Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand Massif - Morillon / Flaine

Poster: A snowHead
Just back from a trip 8-12th.

9th - Pistes quite good, off-piste cruddy and tracked out anyway - slushy low down later in the day - main corners at busy points are a bit moguly (sp?).

10th - Fresh snow overnight 6-12inches depending on height/drifting. Fantastic days skiing on un-pistes pistes (if you know what I mean). We spent most of the day around Flaine and between Samoens/Flaine - very good fun - I will post some videos over the next few days and you can see my wonderful off-piste crashes!

11th - Wonderful high-speed pistes - the fresh snow from the day before all wonderfully groomed. Low-down it gets a bit bare - but we managed to ski right down to Morillon 1100 in the morning with no problem. Thankfully we avoided Flaine (there was a major drama on the DMC gondola aparently - see other thread).

Overall we had some fantastic blue-sky skiing and considering the reports in the press and the general doom and gloom - I have had some great skiing this season. Not sure how things will hold unless there is a bit of fresh before Easter though.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Roger King,

you may be able to leave the car in the garage. A cold, snowy snap is due to arrive on Monday if the following is to be believed.....

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/snow_forecast_7.asp?resortID=147
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As ever I shall take a large pinch of salt with that forecast but the general consensus does seem to be that temperatures are going to drop. I travel tomorrow evening and what will be will be. I've never had a holiday, skiing or otherwise, which I didn't enjoy and I don't intend to let this one will alter that record.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It will be fine - still plenty of good pistes higher up even without new snow.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have we any snowheads out in the grand massif area at the moment?Im off to flaine 5-9 april for a sneaky weekend
and wondered if theres anyone with on the spot reports on the current conditions.Anyone else in the area over easter weekend?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lots of snow in the Flaine Bowl when I was there 10-17th march, see my report

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=25562

More snow fell last week so should be very good for Easter...
Lower down may be abit iffy I suspect.......
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The following was posted by Roger King, on another thread. Also a friend returned from Les Carroz on Saturday and reported lots and lots of snow during the week.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[Just back from Morillon this morning. When we arrived on Saturday 17th there was mud & grass everywhere and the Sairon run down to Les Esserts was almost unskiable. Many were opting for the chairlift down. When we left yesterday there was soft ankle deep snow on the pistes everywhere. Bergin & Marvel had re-opened and Sairon was one of the most enjoyable runs on the mountain. On the down side visibility was often down to virtually zero & lunch/chocolate breaks outside were out of the question but the skiing was absolutely wonderful.]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
simo1234Thanks for moving my comment across. I couldn't seem to find this thread yesterday but I was a bit bleary eyed. Will try and do a more detailed trip report in a day or two & if I can work out how will post some pics. Puzzled
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anyone else in the area over Easter? We are arriving on the 7th for one week in Les Carroz, really looking forward to it now as the snow is so much better than when we were there at Xmas....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We took a break from the Portes du Soleil to ski in Flaine today - in the main bowl.

Very good snow on the main bowl pistes (we didn't go off-piste at all today).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Like Roger was in the Flaine area 17-24th March, I was on a Learn to Ski Powder course. Was somewhat anxious on the way up as hardly saw a flake of snow underfoot until we actually got into the Flaine bowl. Doing the warm-up day on the Sunday in brilliant sunshine, pistes were in good condition but I did wonder what off-piste would be like. Then on Sunday evening, it was as if someone up there had said: they're doing a learn to ski powder week, better organise some powder. Started to snow on Sunday night at 6 p.m. and didn't really stop for the rest of the week. Am still a long way from competence in powder but had great fun trying.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i'm off here on sat, its not looking too good at 1100 metres, hopefully its better higher up!

http://www.ski-sixt.com/webcam/G1sairon/G1sairon_00001.jpg
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
JONR - it is much, much better higher up. You need to get above 1400m before the snow is good though.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JONR, we have just got back & it really is lovely up top - seriously sunny too - take your sun bonnet & cream!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PhilipStanton - thanks for the info, its our first time to Morillon/Flaine area so we weren't sure what to expect.
snow conditions
JONR, this was our 3rd trip - where are you staying?
snow conditions
think its the hotel morillon in morillon (ive not organised the trip!) - do you know it?
snow conditions
JONR, very well - my parents have stayed there twice - it looks lovely (they had a tiny bit of a problem with cold soup this time(!) but it was busier this time than before (& they are quite particular) - but the staff were really friendly & helpful & the food is generally v. good. There is a really cosy bit with a fire which looks out on the village. I must recommend a restaurant - 50 yards away, think it is called pierre something - will come back to you on this - local grub & IMHO the best fois gras ever (apologies to anyone who this offends). Turn left from the car park & walk for about 30 seconds! We really love morillon because it is so friendly. You are well placed too, the village of morillon is clear of mud, whereas les esserts (1100 - at the top of the gondola) is a bit muddy - but you won't see this, it has been v.warm. Try to eat at the igloo restaurant at the top if you can - it is supposed to be great!

If you have lessons - Michel Auboiron (sp?)(ESF) is excellent - extremely intuitive & kind. You will have a great time - don't forgot the sun cream!!
snow report
Anybody with any current information on conditions in Flaine?
snow report
Returned from Les Carroz yesterday, skied mainly in Flaine as conditions were easily the best over there. there's plenty of snow still but getting very very slushy in the afternoon at 1600m, it was seriously warm over the weekend. All the pistes of the top of the main cable car were still in very good nick until 50m or so before the end. The pick of the areas was the Gers bowl, from about 11/11.30 onwards it was about as good (non powder) spring skiing as you'll get, beautiful soft snow and brilliant terrain throughout the bowl, beware the 680m vertical draglift though. Conditions in the Les Carroz/Morillon are getting pretty limited now although the links are still great fun in the mornings if you've got your carvers on, never made it to Samoens.
ski holidays
Returned from Les Carroz on Saturday. Conditions at LC are getting very dicey, very warm and today looks like nearly all the pistes are closed. On Friday the links to Flaine were getting poor, there was not a very good freeze on Thursday and anything below about 2000m is getting slushy. That said the conditions at the top of Flaine were still good even in the early afternoon. Not sure how much longer LC will be open but it looks hopeful for anyone going to Flaine for a few days (at least up top)
snow report
rpft thanks for the info on hotel morillon, can confirm that hotel was great, would definately recommend staying there

skiing was good for the week although a real slushfest after 1pm ish. morillon side pretty much closed after tuesday but we drive to samoens 1600 and skied from there, mostly into flaine which was still really good at height until we came home on saturday.

week was made for our group when sitting in La Pluzze bar in morillon on friday evening and Antoine Deneriaz walked in for a beer, and was happy to have his photo taken with us, seemed like a nice chap!
latest report
Fantastic 3 days boarding in Flaine on super fast soft spring snow and a bit of fun on the low altitude 'porridge' this weekend not so many skiers so kept the moguls at bay wink T shirt weather, best trip of the season.
latest report
Dear oh Dear, its dumped in Flaine - more snow than the whole of april!

http://www.webcam-ski.com/webcams/interfaces/telebenne/interface.php?r=panoramique&pk_pano=6902
ski holidays
norris wrote:
Dear oh Dear, its dumped in Flaine - more snow than the whole of april!

http://www.webcam-ski.com/webcams/interfaces/telebenne/interface.php?r=panoramique&pk_pano=6902

My folks are at our apartment in Samoens at the moment... on Friday it was +25 degrees today it was -2 and at 1600m there is 6 inches of snow!!! Bizarre!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy