Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What are they all queuing for?

Poster: A snowHead
Every time I look at the Borovets webcam there is a big queue of people, queuing for something, it could be ski school but the line is very long, would they be queuing for bread or something Puzzled

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Start of airport check in?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Peter Ross, Queing for Bread? its Borovets not Baghdad!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is that a queue or one of those v slow travelator thingies?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had a thought, maybe it's the timid beginners groups who feel standing in skis and boots all day is an achievement, next holiday they'll working on movement.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
maybe there's only a single ladies w/c in town
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is it not one of those magic carpet lifts you see for beginners?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
local ladies Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Here's a close up of the picture, there is no magic carpet or Aladin's lamp either!

http://www.bulgariaski.com/camimg.php?lang=en&resort=Borovets&img=1171897268
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's a congo line.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Old fashioned ski lessons where you had to side step up then slide and fall, repeat for 3 days.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Intriguing..

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Peter Ross, I have been to Borovets once, long time ago, never been tempted back.......I spent 1 hour 15 minutes in a queue for an openair mountain restaurant (kiosk!) for pizzas at lunchtime Shocked They WERE very nice when we eventually got them, but still...... This could well be a photo of that very queue wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm in Bulgaria in two weeks and plan to investigate further, but the more suggestions the better as I want to develop a hypotheses! Anniepen, Queuing is not my thing either, I might skip lunch!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A not so secret powder stash
snow report
Maybe a toilet queue... I've heard that Bulgarian beer goes straight through you wink
snow report
Peter Ross, I went to borovets around ten years ago at New Year, we que'd up for the gondola for two hours, lift queues were a big problem, maybe it was because it was New year and all the locals were out i dont no. So it could possibly be that chairlift, although they are in single file Puzzled
snow report
Best reply wins a trip to investgate further! That's if you will chance Bulgaria as the reviews on this site are hot! snowHead
ski holidays
aren't they queuing for the super new gondola in Bansko ?
snow report
Borovets Post Office. Giro day has become a problem since they cut their opening hours.
snow conditions
Why it's just the queue for the latest release of super quality Bulgarian ski appartments, according to the Bulgarian property developers that is.
ski holidays
SCGB make a mistake at their Wimbledon office, and send free memberships to "Bulgaria". Some Womble forgot to put "Uncle" in front of it...
latest report
It's the British Embassy - they are queuing for work permits.
snow report
Are they waiting for the transfer bus to La Rosiere?
snow conditions
Is it the queue for the naked water show at the Samokov Pool?

PS Can you still do pleasure flights in that old tub of a helicopter with the bullet holes in it?

CD
ski holidays
I strongly suspect they are queueing for the yellow single chair. It was still there and running in 2000 when I was last there.

snowHead
latest report
or it could be the auditions for the Bulgarian version of X-factor ?
snow report
Timid skiers peering over a black run???
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Are they queuing? It could be an attempt on the world synchronised side-slipping record.
ski holidays
vee hav vays to make you ski,now vatch zis time piece and slowly benz ze kneez
ski holidays
Welcome to Ecole de Ski Bulgarais. Class sizes may increase during school holidays but under no circumstances will exceed 256.
latest report
Such cynicism. With Bankso being the new Val D'Isere it is hardly surprising that queues are waiting to make fresh powder tracks across all Bulgaria. Probably a queue for "special stuff" though.

Peter Ross, does the second best guess win two trips?
latest report
Well, I'd hazard a guess that they are all UK residents - I've not seen any other country that queues like the British do
snow report
Peter Ross wrote:
Here's a close up of the picture, there is no magic carpet or Aladin's lamp either!

http://www.bulgariaski.com/camimg.php?lang=en&resort=Borovets&img=1171897268

But it doesn't look like a queue either, since they are all stood sideways on to the length of the line.

If it were a queue the skis would be pointing along the line, and there would be bunches where groups of friends were queueing together.
ski holidays
If you look at the close up there are individuals spaced every so often in front of the line - almost in front of little groups. Could it be the line up of ski lesson classes listening to a pre lesson briefing from their instructors, or maybe doing some sort of warm up?
snow report
"As the Bulgarian National Display Team demonstrate their art ahead of the new Winter Olympic Syncronised Skiing event, it becomes apparent that the judges at Snowheads are not impressed with a single file."
ski holidays
"If you can afford a lift pass in Bulgaria, you can afford a peerage in the UK, sign up to Labour here"

(allegedly)
latest report
stoatsbrother wrote:

Peter Ross, does the second best guess win two trips?

I'll see what I can do snowHead
ski holidays
Could it be a ski-mounted firing squad?
snow conditions
Entry visas to the UK?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy