Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which skies ?

Poster: A snowHead
HI, i've been looking for some twin tips now for a couple of weeks and think i need some extra opinions.
I've been riding for 3 years on and off but have started to do stuff like 360s and similar stuff.
Im 5/8 (173 cm) and weigh 160 lbs (69 kg) and i ride almost everything park, some rails and moguls.

I was thinking about the k2 public enemy, what do you think about those ? and if anyone had any suggestions about some bindings i would appreciate it.

Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PAChris, do you want a pure park ski, or a twin tip that's good in the park, and also good at other things as well?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The second option, i want a kind of allround ski but i still want it to be real good in da park Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok, welcome to snowHeads by the way.

I've no experience in the park, but I have tried Public Enemies, and they're a really good ski. I've also tried Volkl Karmas which I would rate even more highly.

Your best bet is to demo a selection, and see what suits you. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks man!

i will look into it, maybe speak to some various persons at ski shops.
btw you dont know any good bindings for a price that my wallet will survive. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PAChris, you are the same weight and height as me. My wife has some K2 fujatives' that I find are really good all round and I think you should give them a try. Quite a flexable ski so not much use for heavier people.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I tried Public Enemy's at Christmas in Meribel, found them to be a "bit flappy". Tried some others that were recommended to me, prefered these as twin tips (cant remember the name - they were a pale blue though). Ended up with a pair of Scott Mission Cool
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CarlT, u mean like to soft, and not to stiff? did it affect your skills at all ? i mean was it disturbing enough to become a problem ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PAChris wrote:
CarlT, u mean like to soft, and not to stiff? did it affect your skills at all ? i mean was it disturbing enough to become a problem ?

They tended to bounce a bit on the piste! It wasn't disturbing, but didnt give me confidence. I am not a park skier in general - hence why I went for the Missions. I found these to be confidence inspiring all over the mountain.

As someone else said, best bet is to find a decent shop in resort and try 4 or 5 pairs. It pays to have a short list to start with !
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What do you guys think about the length ? Im a bit insecure since ive heard alot of different tips, some say like 169 and some 164, what should i have ?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PAChris, 169's.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have a pair of rossignol Scratch Fs WRS and I would recommend them highly. They hold nice carves on the piste and are really difficult to mess up a landing on.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PAChris, I ride K2 Fujatives in the park, and Volkl karmas everywhere else

Both skis are amazing, but the Fujatives arent too good at anything except riding parks, the karma on the other hand can handle pretty much anything you throw at them.

If your worried about price, you can grab a pair of Fujatives with bindings on ebay for around 200 quid, but the karmas are usually quite a bit more.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
element, Im really interested in the Scratch ski, people have mentioned them as a good allround twin tip ski, what do you reckon? Can they handle all terrain?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
personally I'd go for bight blue clear ones just after the "end of the world" charcoal grey strorm ones wink
snow report
jedster, Laughing but a bit mean. PAChris is new! (Which is why I never said anything Little Angel .)
ski holidays
Thanks for all the answers, im still thinking about either Public enemy or volkl karma, which one do you think is going to be the one to start out with ?
snow conditions
ah I was only pulling his leg a little, not harshly meant

I'd have commented on the skis but I know nothing about twin tips (although those Stockli Snakes sound really nice...)
snow conditions
jedster,

Not sure if they still do the Snakes at 80mm but they were a twin and skied short...very turney. Now the Snake BC is 88 and thats a great allrounder although I am no park rat. Stocklis just don't make bad skis, IMV.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy