Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey there need help plzzz. Im going on holiday to Canada (Whistler) and was wondering what eye wear is appropriate to wear such as UV lens, Glasses or Goggles ect? New to all this so please help me. tnx
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ProjectioN, you'll need goggles in Whistler for sure.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So goggle not glasses. Wot kind is there diffrent UV protection on the goggles or even a make of goggle that you recommend.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ProjectioN, welcome to snowHeads.

I prefer goggles when it is snowing as it stops the snowflakes hitting my eyeballs. Some people prefer to wear sunglasses if the weather is good as they are less cumbersome than goggles, although I tend to wear goggles most of the time regardless of the weather. If you are skiing in cloud or even if it is just overcast it can be helpful to have lens (in your goggles or sunglasses) which are yellow or orange as it helps to improve the reduced clarity of the viewing conditions (it can be hard to spot lumps and bumps in the snow if there are no shadows).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ProjectioN, go to McCoos in Whistler. They have a big selection of goggles.

Oh and most people in Whistler wear helmets now so you want to make sure you buy the right kind of goggles depending on whether you intend to wear a helmet or not (the strap may be different). It's best to buy goggles when you're wearing your particular shape of helmet to ensure a good fit.

Helmets are good - they're warm, waterproof (for the Whistler 'unformed snow' that occasionally falls) and stop you getting bad concussion, as several of my friends ("advanced skiers") have found out. snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I prefer goggles in all conditions ! Keep the glasses for those lunchtimes in the sun ! Cool
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tnx for the feedback. Can u buy cheap ski gear in Canada? Or should i buy them be4 u go. Also does anyone know a good british online ski, snowboard shop were i my find all the equipment needed. Such as a gd helmet, Gloves, Snow boots (for walking in when not on the slopes ect). Also you mention about wearing a helmet can these also be bought out in whistler?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It probably not best to buy that sort of gear on line as you will need to try it all on - especially the helmet !

I suggest you try one of the bigger ski superstores - Ellis Brigham etc !
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Has anyone tried to Quechua goggles? They are a Decathlon own brand and are being sold of cheaply at my local store.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy