Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Goggle Advice?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I need to buy some goggles - open to suggestions re price tho around £50 would be nice.

I've had a search on here and people mention 'low light' quite a lot - Whats this mean? Do the different colour lenses mean anything or are they there to look cool?! What do people advise to look for when buying a pair? I'm going to buy online before I go so not gonna be able to try them on beforehand....

Thansk,

Jamie
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Flat light = when you can't see the relief of the ground so everything looks flat and you fall into holes you didn't see. Pink/red/persimmon lenses sort it out.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lizzard, Orange lenses are good in flat light too.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
maggi, I wasn't hugely impressed with the orange ones, but I really like my new red lenses - actually enjoy cloudy/snowy days now.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JamieUK, I've got a pair of Oakley A-Frames which, from memory, cost me about 50-quid. The seem to do the job fine. They're comfy, don't fog-up, and fit over my helmet okay.

They came with an orange (Persimmon I think they call it) lense, which works great in cloudy/dull conditions - but they don't offer much protection when it came to bright sunlight. I ended buying a "pink iridium" replacement lense - and it seems to do the job in both cloudy and bright light.

Not sure what conditions are supposed be like in Whistler ... although I'm about to find out 'cos I'm going in March Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have a look at

http://www.discounteyewear.co.uk/

select lenses, will tell you which lens is good for which conditions.

Can also buy goggles from the site, but you'll be restricted to Oakleys. Every cloud has a silver lining Toofy Grin

No, I don't work for them, just had good service when buying stuff.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Might be a bit more than you want to spend but Smith do a goggle called the Fuse at £69 and they come with a platinum mirror lens for bright light conditions and a yellow lens (or can be supplied with a blue sensor mirror lens) that are both fantastic in low light conditions. I've had a pair for a couple of years now and they are fantastic.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy