Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thomas (aged 5) skis his first black run

Poster: A snowHead
Had 4 one hour lessons, skiied 8 days at Christmas and here he is finishing one of the blacks in Les Gets. This video is actually about his 6th trip down and on his 15th day skiing (in total) so not quite as per the title but we are immensely proud of him and he wanted to share it!

Blush

Taken Yesterday (17th Feb 2007):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4775461195062881187&pr=goog-sl

PS, Thomas (and Dad) start top left of the scene next to the pillar.

PPS, he is actually really desperate to learn to snowboard but they tell me he is far to young to learn, lol..
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
professorpool,

Pretty impressive Very Happy

I think next year you should send Dad to ski school as Thomas is already better Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowHead cool! snowHead ,

Taking pielette away in six weeks or so (aged 9 weeks!) hope she's half as good!
You can be justly proud! Very Happy

P
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I think next year you should send Dad to ski school as Thomas is already better

My thoughts exactly. What a star. snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lol
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well Done Thomas! You look really cool big fella! Cool
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well done little guy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Excellent skiing young Mr Pool. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
professorpool, You must realise that young Thomas is now such a figure of loathing for so many snowheads that he will never be allowed to attend any of the 'events that shall not be named' for fear of demonstrating just how crap we all are wink

Crackin' turns Thomas snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Further to the earlier vid here's another of number 2 son doing the Choucas (chocolate) run in Les Gets a few days before:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=948980702306825639

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 18-02-07 20:59; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski wrote:
Excellent skiing young Mr Pool. Very Happy

Following along nicely from that lengthy debate - if you remember lol..

PS - for all those that don't know, easiski, via her qualified advice as a top class instructor, was an active participant in making this video happen.

(As were more than a few other members of this site)

Is the internet (and this site, more specifically) good for your skiing?

Here's the video - you decide..

Make it so, Number One..
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pielot wrote:
snowHead cool! snowHead ,

Taking pielette away in six weeks or so (aged 9 weeks!) hope she's half as good!
You can be justly proud! Very Happy

P

To Les Gets?

First class resort for kids, no danger. Had them there from that sort of age to 2..
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
5? That's a bit late. Toofy Grin

Junior (now almost 5.5) did his first black run in Mayhofen at Easter two years ago, which means he must have been, ooh, three and a half! But there was *heavy* fresh snow, and the black run was the only one he had enough momentum to actually move through! A few pics of his progress up to last season at http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/3872733 (pic5 was Easter 2003) - must add this years pic!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Last pic, lol!

Where are his feet??????????????

Class! Pure class!

Kids - its what skiing is all about!

As to ages and achievements, not being funnny but all three of my boys had already learnt to play Beethoven's fifth (piano and guitar), code Java and Javascript, and could recite all prime numbers (to the power of 5) and produce a duck based meal for 14 in 40 minutes by the time they were 11 months...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Last para of the above may have been tongue in cheek, lol..
snow report
RobW, There's one-upmanship and then there's . . .
snow report
PP, can I borrow your kids next weekend - the inlaws are visiting and they sound just like what I need! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
professorpool and RobW - most excellent, both of you.

professorpool - I'll get you some lessons booked in wink
latest report
I've spent the last 8 years "shadowing" my wife and three kids - it's ruined me.
snow conditions
Quote:

I've spent the last 8 years "shadowing" my wife and three kids - it's ruined me.

How did we know it would have to be the woman's fault. "It was her Lord, she gave me the apple".... NehNeh
snow conditions
PhillipStanton, spends his time "shadowing" other skiiers, hence it was a subtle counter bit of fun poking.
ski holidays
professorpool, I do hope you put plenty of factor 50 on yer bonce! Your hair's nearly as short as mine.
latest report
Oh! you know not what you have done Toofy Grin

Mine are 14 and 10 now and have both done all ski school can offer so it's private lessons here on in Shocked

Get use to the phrase, 'come on Daddy can't you ski any faster', or just that smiley look of derision that needs no words Sad
ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:
or just that smiley look of derision that needs no words Sad
Thats still a lot better than the shoulder of "he's not with us"
snow report
boredsurfin, this holiday my youngest (now aged 16) has finally got the beating of his old Dad - at the beginning of the holiday he was slower than me - but I'm now not really progressing and he is.

professorpool, we skied with a 6yr old this holiday (not ours) and he skied down piste 3 in la Thuile with much more style and less fear than I did (piste 3 is the steepest black I have ever seen, and if we are truthful, we were only on it because we couldn't find piste 4 (which is a red)).

I wish I had started skiing at that age rather than 29 Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy