Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Staggering first run for men's slalom

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just watched the first run of the men's slalom and it was totally AWESOME. The course had a massive amount of variable terrain on it, with gates placed just so to make it really hard to ski and attack, and around half the racers failed to finish. Shocked I'm so looking forward to watching the second run later today. Also looking forward to hearing how Alain and Noel got on as we didn't see them before going off air. WOW. If you're a skier you've just got to watch it if you can. Also we can all learn a lot from John Clarke's comments. thank you JOhn. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski, Yes, it was very exciting to watch! Looking at the others, I knew for certain that Bode would be a DNF Shocked Laughing .

I know what the Baxters did as I looked it up on Eurosport website but I won't spoil it here in case you'd rather be surprised. I can't believe hardly anyone on snowHead s watches ski racing. I love it!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
maggi, the sad thing is that we need the grass roots support of ordinary skiers watching it to get enough youngsters interested to get the next gen of racers etc. etc. etc. This world champs has been truly wonderful - how could anyone prefer football?

Makes me sick at the weekends to see all the brits packed in the bars to watch rugby or footie while they're on their skiing hols. rolling eyes
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Makes me sick at the weekends to see all the brits packed in the bars to watch rugby or footie while they're on their skiing hols.

Yeah, but it's not just a case of not being interested in competition skiing. It's a case of not being interested in anything new. Otherwise why would people on any kind of holiday overseas spend so much time watching telly, especially stuff they can see at home all the time? Or sitting in "enclave" hotels in places like Egypt, Morocco or Jamaica and never going outside the barbed wire. Blinkers on, chaps.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just a question about world rankings in this event.

Maybe someone can enlighten me as to how Bode Miller continues to get top 30 start numbers in slalom, given that he's only finished in (I think) 1 WC race this year.

- I'd have loved to have seen the complete coverage of the World Champs on TV. Unfortunately, since I don't believe in putting money into Rupert Murdoch's pocket, I'm entirely reliant on what the terrestrial channels show. Since its the Beeb that's had the TV rights to this event, it means that the entire coverage has been limited to about half-an-hour's actual ski racing (distributed over 4 programmes) with the lion's share of their coverage being devoted to Graham Bell and his sidekick doing daft things that aren't in the least interesting. As for the first run of the Men's Slalom - I'm sure it was fascinating, but obviously not sufficiently so for "Ski" Sunday, who didn't show a single first run in its entirety - just a succession of wipeouts out of context.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Acacia, Bode no longer has top thirty status in world cup events but will start at 31 as he has more than 400 wc points. All skiers with 400 points start in order after bib 30 if they wish to compete in these events ie Walchofer does not participate often in Slalom but starts in combined. As concerns Bode at the world's he has a sub 30 bib because only 4 skiers per nation are allowed (+ eventually the defending champion). In a normal world cup there will already for example be upwards of 10 austrians at the start. Hope this helps.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
LARGEZOOKEEPER, There goes Bode, nicking my reason for not competing. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Acacia, I'm sure Nick will do a round up of sorts when he's back on air next weekend. It's just remembering to set the video for the middle of the night on Mondays to get the fuller version. Sunday mornings around 7 am in the UK. You can get eurosport free on the old Astra channel along with lots of other programmes. Sky is not the only satellite broadcaster.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy