Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Funicular from BSM to Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There's an outside chance I may be able to get out for the last few days of a friend's holiday in Les Arcs by getting a midweek flight and then the train to Bourg St Maurice. What I'd like to know is, do you have to have a valid ski pass to get on the funicular (bearing in mind I'll be carrying luggage, not skis at this point, and might not have enough of the day left to make a 1/2 day pass worth it), or can you buy a funicular-only ticket?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
clara_jo wrote:
There's an outside chance I may be able to get out for the last few days of a friend's holiday in Les Arcs by getting a midweek flight and then the train to Bourg St Maurice. What I'd like to know is, do you have to have a valid ski pass to get on the funicular (bearing in mind I'll be carrying luggage, not skis at this point), or can you buy a funicular-only ticket, or can you actually buy your ski pass in BSM for Les Arcs/Paradiski?

There's a lift pass office at the bottom station of the funicular if you want to buy your pass there. I have to confess to never having used the funicular at Les Arcs so don't know if a lift pass is checked at the bottom or top station.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can buy a ticket just for the funicular yes. Passes are checked at the bottom, if you don;t have one you can buy a single or return tocket just for the funicular
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you - now I just need said friend to make their mind up and confirm that's where they're definitely going, coz I'm all sorted planning-wise if they are Wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You can buy a funicular only ticket (5.5 Euros I think) at the bottom. If you buy a lift pass you can use that to get on the funicular. There is a lift pass office at the bottom of the funicular.

Passes are checked at the top and bottom, in the same way that you are checked before you get on a chair lift.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy