Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Best Gloves Money Can Buy!!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
If money was no object what gloves would you buy bearing in mind they must be totally waterproof and totally warm. I was hoping for the Hestra Army XCR glove but can't make up my mind.

What is the best pair and for what reasons?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I like the Hestra Alpine Pro range, got a couple of pairs my favourite being the Vertical Cut Freeride as well as Leather Skicross (don't like gauntlet gloves, so these pair fit me very comfortably). Seem to do OK in cold and wet.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AuClair. They are awesome. Most of the Canadian Ski teachers use them.
https://www.snowpro.com/scripts/store/product_detail.pl?id=7014&l=e
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My Swany gloves are extremely comfortable, user friendly and perform very well indeed. I've only used them for about 5 weeks, but they look to be wearing OK so far. By far the best I've had.

They're dry, warm, but not sweaty, not too bulky, easy to put on, have idiot loops to hang them on my wrists, skirt (not too long) can be tightened up with one hand, have a goggle wipe bit, reinforcement where needed, a velcoroed ventilation opening and are nice and plain.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PowderHunter,
I'm with you on the Hestra Army XCR. Without a doubt the best gloves I've ever had (just bought another pair this year). Used in pretty much all conditions - rain, -50C windchill, spring, etc, and they've been great. Pricey but well worth it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I got the Hestra Army XCR's from E-B since I figured it was worth the extra £25 just for the wrist strap things - I'm good at losing gloves Smile They're fantastic, well worth it.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've had a pair on Invicta gauntlets which were superb - they had a sheepskin inner - but the best recently have been my Eider gauntlets and Hestra gloves. Both are 5 seasons old and only the palm of the right ski carrying hand shows any wear. Leather palms are a must for me...
Don't dry them too quick overnight and rotate. A bit of leathercare doesn't go amiss either
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have used Invicta for about 15 years.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think I want to get them but where from? I obviously want to get the best price but I need them by next week. Sport-conrad doesn't have the size 10 that I need.

Help!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PowderHunter, your post inspired me to trawl a few websites.
http://www.twoseasons.co.uk/shop/winter/snow/mens/snow-accessories/gloves/viewall.htm
http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdSrch.cgi?mode=user&search_text=hestra&go.x=11&go.y=4
http://shop.edge2edge.co.uk/index.html?action=search&searchtype=brandID&quicksearch=43&p_start=0&submit=back
There's also a week old pair on Ebay in the states for $33, too big for me though, I want 9s
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I loved (and still love) my Ami Chaud goretex gloves which cost me about 45 quid in 1995, from what is now Nevisport. They were the first piece of ski equipment I ever bought, as we borrowed most other things for our first holiday. The lining is a bit packed down now, and I have some new Pheonix ones which are nice, but there just wasn't the same thrill of outting my hands into what felt like heaven. (I get really cold hands!!) Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Marigold, they're wicked never get wet Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
LARGEZOOKEEPER wrote:
Marigold, they're wicked never get wet Toofy Grin

And if you make holes in them then they're breathable as well Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Marmot "Ultimate Ski Glove". Expensive (90 quid) but brilliant. I always got cold hands and messed around with inner liners and all sorts until I finally shelled out for these babies 2 seasons ago. never been cold or wet since
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I go with a 200wt polartec fleece glove and the Outdoor Research Snowline mitt shell which I picked up for $16US (about 8 quid) on sale preseason. After trying various combinations of gloves (marmot gore-tex and others) over the last 3 seasons, this by far has to be the warmest and driest (and cheapest). It was 5F today and the windchill went down to -18F-20F. I was out and about with long lift rides for about 6 hours and my hands were nice and toasty. And if it gets too warm, you can just flip off the shell mitt!!
ski holidays
Am more than happy with my Black Diamond Patrol gloves...
ski holidays
I remember spending about £80 on a pair of Killy gloves about 3 years ago. Absolutely superb. Great warmth and feel.
snow report
I just bought the Hestra Army GTX XCR gloves and they are amazing. I would recommend them to anyone and would have paid £100 for them.
ski holidays
i have Mountain Equipment expedition gloves and they are great but almost too warm for the conditions we have been having

PowderHunter, where did you get them?
snow report
telford_mike,
Quote:

AuClair. They are awesome. Most of the Canadian Ski teachers use them.

Most CSIA members use them because they are cheap using the pro deal. They are pretty good but IMHO Level gloves are better. I have a pair of their Tiger Pro leather gloves & a pair of their gore tex xcr ones, both great never been cold or wet.
ski holidays
I'm using DAKINE ones, so far very good...

Pedro
latest report
Dainese Techno-S World Cup

Look fantastic, great fit and feel and mega hard wearing. Perhaps not the warmest glove out there, but ok down to -10 degC. For colder weather I'd switch to mittens anyway.
Definitely the coolest and most bomb proof gloves I've ever owned.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy