Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

dodgy for kids?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off on Saturday, taking a niece and nephew skiing for their very first time. We're going to Saalbach and the conditions at the moment look a bit dodgy - rain has made the slopes heavy. Do you think it's still going to be possible for them to learn to ski ? Puzzled Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We went to La Plagne in the last week of April with my son for his first time aged 4 now 5 years ago. Icy in the morning slushy in the afternoon - and positively waterskiing in places........He had far fewer problems with either the ice or slush than we did!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
erica2004, provided they are with an instructor, they'll be fine. It doesn't seem to matter too much at the early stages and the instructors will be well able to cope with whatever they're faced with. Have fun.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
erica2004, As others have said, when you're just beginning to learn to ski, you really don't know if you've got great conditions or rubbish. This goes particularly for children I think - they may look back in a couple of years when they've experienced great powder and marvel that they learnt to ski on porridge! wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
erica2004, my kids have definitely benefitted from skiing in difficult conditions young. They had no preconceptions and they ski on ice or slush without getting all twitchy about it; they hardly appear to notice.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
talk about thread titles that are misleading!

I wasn't expecting this sort of thread...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
erica2004, No, definately not, take me instead, I can already ski Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy