Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Great trip with a sad ending...

Poster: A snowHead
docsquid, best wishes to you, your mum and all of the family. You'll all need each other, I'm thinking of you. I lost my mum 6 weeks before Christmas, she was 67. She'd not been right for months, backwards and forwards to the doctors and hospital. Eventually diagnosed with cancer, too far gone for surgery, eventually too ill for chemo before it even started. She lasted 42 days from diagnosis. We were very close and I'm still struggling to come to terms with it. So know how you feel, hopefully you'll have the luck we didn't. Best wishes. To all Snowheads take every family ailment seriously, we didn't realise the early warning signs as mum always seemed to have something 'wrong'. It may have made a difference, who knows, but we do know that you can't rely on the doctors or hospitals to realise serious illnesses, keep an eye on loved ones, don't be complacent. Sorry docsquid for going on, good luck with it all.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
docsquid, never stop believing.

I was in a similar position last year with my little brother, I kept my thoughts to myself, remained strong for others around but in the end it caught up with me. Always talk about your feelings and thoughts. Your mum is special but leave a little for yourself.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sad ,

Tough times. thinking of you guys. Take care.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
docsquid, so so sorry to hear your sad news. Our warmest wishes to you and your family and especially that very special lady - your mum x
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
docsquid, My heart goes out to you...I lost my mum after a long illness a couple of years ago and still miss her! Make the most of your time together.... Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
docsquid, so sorry to hear about your mum, she sounds very brave, my thoughts are with you
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
docsquid, I'm sorry to hear that you and your family are going through such a tough time- my heart breaks for how you must've felt on that journey. Nearly ten years ago now my Dad had a stroke on the day my brother arrived at his holiday destination which was a 2000 mile drive. He had to get straight back in the car and do 2000 miles back again and I know the mental torture he went through on that journey.
Loving thoughts to your mum, family and yourself.
xx
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Grimsby Ranger, sorry to hear about you Mum. At least we've been lucky and the surgeons gave us a few extra months together. She's slipping away quite fast now. I'm staying there as much as I can, but Mr DS makes me come home sometimes for a rest and to get something to eat and drink. Probably a good thing!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
docsquid, I'm really sorry to hear this awful tale. My very best to you and your mum - she sounds as great as mine! wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
moral of the story - STAY CLEAR OF CHAMBERRY. You might as well fly to geneva !!! chamberry is an awful place to get stuck - facilities are very poor and often the slightest bit of bad weather causes delays !! we got stuck due to fog and then they bused us to geneva. chamberry is like a small motorway service station with no food !!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
An update. I'm afraid Mum passed away last night. She was slowly slipping down and finally went to sleep. We will miss her very much. Thank you all very much for your support - it is very much appreciated.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
docsquid, sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and Steve.

Best wishes, Rob.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
docsquid, Sad news indeed
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
docsquid, I'm so sorry to hear that. She's painfree & at peace now. Best wishes to you.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
docsquid, I'm thinking of you and your family. All the best at these awful times. Take care.
ski holidays
docsquid, my sympathy.
snow report
docsquid, May she rest in peace. A prolonged spell in a hospice is not a pleasant way to end a life - but we cannot choose the time or manner of our death.

You can take some comfort that both your mother and the family had a chance to make their final farewells and nothing had to be left unspoken.
snow report
Deepest, deepest sympathies. Best wishes to you all.
ski holidays
docsquid, so very sorry, best wishes to you all
snow conditions
docsquid, sorry to hear about your mum Sad
snow report
docsquid, So, so sorry for your loss.
ski holidays
docsquid, I'm very sorry to hear that. Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
docsquid, My sympathies also... you'll have some ups and downs but it does settle down into a deep affection for all the times you have shared.
ski holidays
Sad
ski holidays
docsquid, There's not a lot left to say that hasn't already been said. My mum means the world to me and I cannot imagine life without her for support, I can only imagine what I would feel in your place. Can I suggest that the next time you go skiing you pick a perfect day and ski a run for her? - your mum was obviously determined to give you the best holiday she could despite her predicament and you say she lived her active life through her enjoyment in your sport - it might be a nice way of remembering the good times.
snow report
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am sorry to hear of your loss. May you mum rest in peace.
snow report
docsquid, very sorry to hear about your mum. At least she is no longer in any pain. My best wishes to you and your family.
snow conditions
Megamum, thank you for that. I was thinking that skiing was forever going to be tinged with sadness for me, because I will always associate it with her final illness. But thinking positively and skiing a run for her, particularly a beautiful run, is a great idea. Thank you for that nice thought.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
docsquid, my thoughts and sympathy are with you, this is a very difficult time for you all.
I am sure your mum is getting great comfort from knowing how much you love her.
snow conditions
docsquid, oh I am so sorry-- I just read the most recent posts--- I send you my deepest sympathy.

But love is forever-- we do not "lose" our loved ones--I shall pm you and hopefully my story may help.
ski holidays
docsquid, Sorry to hear your sad story, my mother in law died a few weeks before christmas so I can appreciate your feeling of loss, a terrible time for you all, but you must take comfort from all your fondest memories that you will cherish forever.
latest report
Sometimes when I am mountian biking on my own out on the moors, I will pass a wild place where I walked with my mum, it always brings a few quiet tears and a lot of happy memories.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy