Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

scott aztec pro's tip shape and length, (is a 175ski a165 onthe piste ?)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, been looking at Scott Aztec Pro skis as a first all mountain skis. I am 1.7m (5'7") tall and 85k (13.5st).
I ski aggressively on piste and last year started to venture off piste.

I’ve been reading as many reviews as I can find etc and the ski it seems to tick all of the correct box’s etc, the only question I have is about the correct length that I need.

I have asked advice from a couple of ski shops and they have suggested that this ski should be skied longer (they suggest a 175 length for me) due to its profile at the tip e.g. the extension of the max tip width up in to a longer tip curve and my weight.

It seem that because of this feature when on piste it will effectively ski like a 165 length but when in the soft stuff the float will be as per a 175 length ski.

So can a long ski, ski like a short ski on piste ?

Does anybody agree with this? Should I opt for the shorter 165’s, which is what I normally ski on?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
spilly,

Welcome to snowHead

Its always difficult with ski lenghts but I'd be looking at the 175 at your weight. Of course, I'd demo them in resort ...if you can find them.
It also depends how you ski... if you are agressive agressive, then 175 shouldn't be too much. Have you ridden 175's before and how did you get on? I am not sure if this is deemed a twin tip. but if it is then the shops may be right.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spilly, welcome to snowHead 's. I own a pair of 175 Aztec Pros. What you've been told is absolutely true IMHO. The nose is very long and the tails are slightly raised as well. They turn comparably with my 160 piste skis. I'm 6ft 2" and 11st 2lb so you might even want the 185s. They have a much greater surface area as the radius is kept the same so the waist is wider. Of the "wider" skis, they're certainly the most nimble I've skied on piste. The Missions are very similar. Hope that helps...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
P.S. I skied the 165s and found them a bit too flappy and unstable
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I agree with Sharkymarky as I am 12.5stone and 5'8" and have skied the 165cm and it did feel very short
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Guys,

Thanks for you input it seems that your confirming what I have been told.
The longest I have skied was a 167 K2 recon in the USA last year, found that more than managable and was able to short turn it with ease. So I will try the 175's hoping that they have the same snap as a 165 ski.

Thanks for your help...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spilly, I am about the same weight as you. I ski 178 Missions - bit fatter than the Aztec Pro - and think they are fine. I think you'll be fine, too, with the 175 length for the pros.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy