Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Engelberg: Internet and Ski Bus times

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A couple Engelberg questions:

1. Anyone know a place with wireless internet access ? I'm going to have to get some work via email, unfortunately.

2. What time does the ski bus start running? I'm an 'up with the first lift' sort of person, so when it starts running determines if I rent my equipment at the base or in the village.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Would have thought the large hotels, Ramada etc have wireless, I think I found a SSID while looking from the Bellevue but it was protected. The Bellevue does have a pay internet room.

Buses start around 8am but you'll be lucky to find a ski shop in town open before then so you're likely stuck with Intersport at the gondy base (can be large queues when the weekend coach parties arrive) or Stockli just round the corner which JT highly recommends.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rental shops in the village open at 8:00. I can either rent and buy lift tickets at the tourist office and then get the bus or get the bus and do all that at the lift. Not sure it really makes a difference. How long of a walk is it to the base from the village center (I'm, staying at some place I can neither pronounce nor spell on Klosterstrasse)? Ideal option would be to get into the rental shop at the base when it opens, if possible.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ami in berlin,

Klosterstrasse is a walk.... probably about 10-15 mins and you will pass at least 3 ski rentals shops. You can try the Quattro which is on the corner of the main road -Engelbergstrasse- and the road to the main lift, they do Heads and Elan's and they seem quite knowledgeable.
The Stockli centre is about 100mtrs up the road towards the lift and they do...Stockli's, and they have loads of them. I can't say enough about this shop, always helpful and respecetful and have looked after me very well. And Stockli's don't make bad skis so you can get anythimg you want here. And then there is the Intersport shop which gets very crowded for ski hire at peak times. It hasn't got much of interest for me, in the way of skis but they do do a mean ski service, so can't be all bad. I wouldn't turn up there on a Sat or Sun 1st thing as I have seen the queues but it isn't so vey far to run back to the Stockli shop anyway. Its what I did last time out and beat the queue by about 25 mins.
Most hotels can sell you lift tickets so you can organise that at reception, to be picked up at Breakfast time. You can get Swiss mountain insurance on the ticket as well. The lifts up the hill are magnetic.

There are places to rent time for a connection but I haven't seen any wireless...but then wasn't looking either
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great advice. Thanks. Looks like I'll try one of those shops on the way to the lift (10-15 walk is nothing, if you ask me) and avoid the InterSport crowds (I wasn't very impressed with them at Stubai, anyway). I'll ask the hotel about lift tickets, but it's fairly low budget, so who knows. Too bad I get in just before midnight and can't do this stuff sooner. I'll take a LAN cable, too, so that should be sorted.

Can't wait.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ami in berlin,
http://www.engelberg.ch/resources/busfahrplan_061107_wl.pdf
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ami in berlin,

There's Titlis sport right next to the tourist office (think its actually the same intersport franchise as the one at the bottom of the lift) which has decent demo skis at least (Movement, Nordica, Rossi etc). Bus stops right outside tourist office and only a few steps from hotels on Klosterstrasse.

When are you there?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks nessi. That's exactly what I was looking for but couldn't find on the website. Seems like they start running pretty late, though. Lifts start up at 8:30, no? Busses start running after that. Seems like a good idea to be there before the busses arrive to beat the crowds.

@fatbob: I get in late on 2 March and leave early 5 March.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy