Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach advice req'd.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Richie, Tue looks promising snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
duncansarmy, See u in a bar somewhere supporting the Reds vs the diving spaniards then Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Richie, HEYYY BUDDY, LET'S BOTH HAVE A BUD AND WATCH THE HOUSTON REDSOCKS TOGETHER.....YEEEEA HAAA!*

*that's a no.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I see that this is an old and apparently dried up topic. A pity because I wonder how the Saalbach "debutants" found it. A lot of daft/ill-informed comments about this fantastic ski resort have been made - it ticks all the boxes for most winter (and summer) sports enthusiasts, being regularly voted one of the top three resorts in Austria (with St Anton and Ishgl), has the largest fully-interlinked ski area (200km) in Austria, and the renowned Saalbach-Hinterglemm apres-ski party atmosphere provides never a dull moment. It's a World Cup resort and is the resort of choice for the British Police and armed forces ski championships.
I know plenty of experienced skiers who regard it as the perfect all-round resort, are eternally glad they discovered it and have bid "Adieu" to France, in the knowledge that the fun-factor will never compare. Ryanair regularly do return flights to Salzburg for £10 or less, including taxes and charges, and Easyjet are also very cheap. Transfers are a doddle. In school holidays, consider flying to Linz or Klagenfurt for cheaper flights. Useful links are www.saalbach.com ; www.holiday-shuttle.at ; www.transferservice.at and www.ebay.co.uk (search for Saalbach).
As for cheesiness, forget quiet French soirees, get yourself some lederhosen, learn to yodel, cast off your preconceptions and inhibitions, get a few jagertees down your neck and enter into the party spirit!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I LOVE SAALBACH!

Went last season and went three years ago. Awesome resort for an intermediate skiier, my accom (self-booked) was brilliant and the apres was the best I have ever experienced.

If any one ever wants any tips feel free to pm me.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tatman's Tours wrote:
....has the largest fully-interlinked ski area (200km) in Austria...

Really?? I mean, I did really like it there but I didn't think the ski area was all that large - for example, is the area really larger than say Serfaus/Fiss/Ladis?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just looked it up - I'm really surprised, Serfaus has 185 km of piste so Saalbach is larger.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cathy wrote:
Just looked it up - I'm really surprised, Serfaus has 185 km of piste so Saalbach is larger.
If you find an Austrian ski area bigger than the Saalbach-Hinterglemm-Leogang Ski Circus, it won't be fully interlinked. Did you get round the whole area Cathy, from Leogang and Viehofen to the far end of the valley at Hochalm, the other side of Hinterglemm? And across to the Zwolferkogel and of course Schattberg? If so, I'm surprised you didn't think it was all that large. I'm currently managing 5 weeks a season there and never get bored. Mind you, the amazing apres-ski does add an extra element - forget tea and cakes and a snooze before dinner in Saalbach! Did you experience the Goasstall? (and the Hinterhagalm?)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have been to Saalbach three times, twice many years ago and again this March.

The resort is great, bound to be in March, we had tons of snow, but it has changed though. Noted the cheap as chips comments on page one and up until this year would have agreed. Now it is quite expensive. On one mountain restaurant ended up paying 8 Euros for a glass of hous wine, not impressed with that.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cymru am Byth wrote:
Have been to Saalbach three times, twice many years ago and again this March.

The resort is great, bound to be in March, we had tons of snow, but it has changed though. Noted the cheap as chips comments on page one and up until this year would have agreed. Now it is quite expensive. On one mountain restaurant ended up paying 8 Euros for a glass of hous wine, not impressed with that.
Depends where you go as always. When I was there in March the Bergerhochalm was doing two for the price of one from 3.30pm onwards. Nothing cost more than 4 euros, and for every drink you ordered two were served, consequently I spent 6 euros and skiied home on three Jagertees, sitting right back and alternating between fear and hysterical laughter all the way. Not recommended!
4 euros per drink was also the going rate in apres-ski haunts like the Hinterhag and the Goasstall. Also Bobby's Pub's prices are extremely reasonable - come to think of it, having spent 5 weeks there last season, I didn't notice that it was significantly dearer than in previous seasons. From what I hear, it is certainly cheaper than the likes of St Anton, Ischgl and the big name French resorts. And with Ryanair offering flights to and from Salzburg for £4 all in, who cares about the drinks prices anyway!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy