Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chatel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to go mid April. Will I be on a skiing or walking holiday? Does the snow traditionally stay around that long?

Thanks

TP
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well I wouldn't book in advance hoping to find a decent amount of snow in the Portes Du Soleil in mid April.
You could be lucky but you could equally be unlucky. It really is 50/50.
'Traditionally' doesn't mean very much this year.
If you really want to go in April I'd do it as a last minute thing so you won't be disappointed.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In my limited experience of Chatel / Morgins / PdS area it is all too low and the snow can be very patchy. I would wait and see what the snow is like before choosing where to go if I were you.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
tp023, if you want to be snow sure you are probably better elsewhere. That said, one of my best days of season 2004-2005 was in Avoriaz/Chatel on April 29th...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies.

Will defiantly be going mid April because we have the accommodation for free so only have to book flights.

Just wait and see I suppose.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Shame you already have accommodation - this place is really rather nice (and no, it's not mine, and I'm not getting anything out of it, just thought Snowheads might like a look)

http://www.clubchatel.com/

Cheers

Blitz
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tp023,

Ah, now I understand fully.

OK, if you are somewhat fortunate, you may have decent skiing above Chatel and in Torgon. You should definitely have decent skiinging in Linga/Plaine Dranse. Super Chatel itself is often workable then although we are always in Morzine so we don't generally get round that far at that time of year.

At least, you should be able to ski in Avoriaz happily (and the link to get there should at least allow uplift from Pre-la-Joux (so a 5 minute bus ride from central Chatel) through Linga, and downlift if necessary into Lindarets on the spanking new Chaux Fleurie lift).

Naturally, all this is entirely unknowable at this point.

If you are lucky, you will get lovely sunny spring skiing.

Enjoy!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tp023 wrote:
Looking to go mid April. Will I be on a skiing or walking holiday? Does the snow traditionally stay around that long?

Thanks

TP

From the SCGB historical report it doesn't look too bad. But this season is being very quirky - you'll just have to wait and see what pans out. Nice place.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have been skiing pds in mid-april for a good 10 years now, and I only havent been able to ski once I reckon. Mostly its only pre-la-joux and avoriaz open past easter, but usually a decent amount of terrain. Had one of my best days on 30 April last year, loads of snow and managed to ski chaux-fleurie (without the new snow cannons either!), down to Ardent telecabine, down to Prodains (1000m vert but a little patchy ill admit...), and back down to the car park in pre-la-joux.

If you have a car, you're within day trip distance of Argentiere (imho best spring skiing in the region), verbier, Glacier 3000 (diablerets, but big back bowls should be open, they dont see sun all winter), and flaine. I reckon zermatt and saas fee should really be overnight trips from the region, a day would mean a really early wake up...

We usually travel around to these resorts a bit (from Morgins), as they offer more diversity when there is little open, change of scenery i suppose, we try and make a trip to argentiere and flaine every spring.

This winter, who knows, but February and March are usualy the most active months snow-wise, so still lots of potential. Its not unusual to get a powder day around mid-april, but the snow could be a little wet, i would suggest heading up to argentiere Very Happy

In summary, I wouldnt worry about it! (not yet at least Confused )
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I skied Chatel top-to-bottom last easter, without problem. That was a good snow year tho! Who knows what it will be like this easter. As others have mentioned, there should be plenty of snow in driving distance.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks guys.

TP
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy