Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

news on sierra nevada spain ** back now**

Poster: A snowHead
anyone back from spain in the last few days word has it that it has been closed a lot, high winds !!!!! snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 2-03-07 20:40; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
High winds and heavy rains Crying or Very sad but the snow still survives rolling eyes obviously not in the best conditions, but there isn't any other resort in 1000km around. The first week of march I'm going to Montafon trying to forget the worst season since 1995.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
going on the 25th Feb hope it improves snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That weekend you could see two Worl Cup races (Women SL & GS) http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/1228.html?cal_suchsector=AL&event_id=20286
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
don't get there till late 25th Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Alto Campoo is less that 1kk away Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ok, may be 990 km Wink The highest slopes are actually very icy, check this photos of the Feb. 9th from the spanish forum Nevasport http://www.nevasport.com/phorum/read.php?10,948969,952856#msg-952856
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spaniard, we are out to seirra nevada next week for a couple of days, not to worried abut the ice(i have to been to the east coast of the usa) but what do you think next week will bring snow and temps wise ???????????
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's too early to talk about next week weather, the rest of this week and the weekend looks to be quite variable whith a drop of temperatures and some snow on saturday and sunday. Anyway they work very well the pistes and they will be ok, offpiste I'd expect very icy conditions.
Saludos
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
just got back from a week out on the costa del sol, we had a couple of days at seirra nevada while we were there here's a quick report

left marbella at 07.30 am on tuesday, arrived granada at 9.30 am, dropped off OH'S at hotel for a day at the alhambra palace, then back in car for the 30 min drive upto seirra nevada, snow chain signs were lit up on the way up(which was a good sign of new snow), but we made it up without having to put them on.
arrived in resort at 11.00 am, got passes and gear then up in the gondola ready for first run by midday
they had just had some new snow so conditions were quite good, but was busy with people finishing off their long weekends
being our first time here we spent the first afternoon finding our way round the lift system and trying out the nice fresh snow on the sides of the runs
heavy cloud came in later making visibility poor so left before the crowds to get back down to granada for a night out, ate at fantastic restaurant overlooking the alhambra palace
then a few beers and bed ready for an early start in the morning
next day we were in resort by 8.30 but not to hopeful cause of the low clouds and fog on the way up but on the first chair up we came through the cloud to see pefect blue skies with an inch of new snow all over the empty mountain.
we then had the place to ourselves for the first hour, so we just did laps on the blue cruisers, making fresh tracks each time snowHead
unfortunately the chair upto the highest runs wasn't running so we had to use the drag which was a bit slow, so only did that once
then stopped for a quick bite to eat before finding loads of empty (slightly) off piste to play in, at about 3.00 pm the cloud started to drop again making things a bit difficult so we decided to call it a day, which was ok as we were knackered from the non stop skiing Very Happy
dropped of gear then back to granada to pick up the girls and back in apartment in marbella for 6.00 pm in time to catch the evening sun with a bottle of red on the terrace

in conclusion seirra nevada was great for two days skiing and combined with a night out in granada it made for a really different experience, which i will definitely do again
Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jase2472 wrote:
anyone back from spain in the last few days word has it that it has been closed a lot, high winds !!!!! snowHead

Sierra Nevada is often closed due to high winds. It is wellknown for such conditions.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Neilski (or Spaniard), Can I ask you a couple of questions?

How much skiing is there at SN - I haven't been able to find a piste map, is the place best for beginners/intermediates/experts etc...what are the lifts like?

What were the temperatures like in Granada last week and what would be the norm?

I can see this being an interesting option for us.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ray Zorro, there are around 90km of pisted runs - blue and red, with only one 'real' black when we visited 3 years ago. I found the black more of a red in terms of steepness, but it wasn't particualrly well groomed like the other runs. There are a few longish reds, but as there are a higher proportion of beginners compared to the alps, we found these runs fairly quiet.

The lifts are relatively old but not falling apart. For a few days of skiing we had an enjoyable time there. Piste map below:

http://www.andalucia.co.uk/channels/sierra_nevada/sierranevadapistemap/
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ray Zorro, if you pm me your address i can post you a piste map
the area is quite small but plenty of easy blues and reds suiting intermediates and very good beginners area
some lifts are slow but the views are great if you get a clear day
reasonable prices for food etc

temps in granada were about 16 degrees last week probably just below the norm
my wife found granada to be great for shopping etc and the allahambra palace was stunning(you must pre-book your tickets before you go)
our night out in granada was certainly a great experience
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Had a couple of days there last year to wind down from a week of paragliding in the mountains nearer the coast. We stayed in an apartment about 10 steps from the sea in Cotobro and drove up to SN to ski....the drive was a doddle due to newly finished dual carriageways and took about 45mins..
We were determined to swim in the med and ski on the same day and managed it. Not sure I'd recommend that bit though.
If you have a car there the accommodation options are almost unlimited as there's lots of parking in huge underground car parks.
snow report
Just got back from 3 days ski-ing in Sierra Nevada with OH and a few friends staying at a hotel in Granada and driving the 30 mins up each day, got there late on sunday night after flying with Ryanair, an after reading a lot of comments i thought we were going to have a nasty flight, checked in at Liverpool no problems with taking our boots on as hand luggage they didn't even check the size and weight of it, and landing 30 mins early wink

1st day was great conditions if a bit icey on some runs, 2nd and 3rd days was very warm (in the 20's not a cloud in the sky ) so from the main Gonadala mountain station down to the village was a lot of slush and in some places stones was very visable, but all in all we had a good few days ski-ing but on the down side if the weather does not get any cooler in the next day or so there will be about 50% of the runs closing,

A point to anyone going out there though we usually have lunch at the Creshendo bar as we have done for the past 5 years but the prices have seem to ahve gone through the roof ie Burger and chips 15 euros but for the same food in Tia Maria behind Rio Sports over looking the valley it was 6 euros and very good food snowHead
But for a few days ski-ing it is a great little resort wink
ski holidays
I really enjoyed my 4 days there last month Very Happy I only did the runs from mid-station down at the end of the day as they seemed a lot busier than the runs from top to the middle. It can get cold as it was -18c one day I was there Wink Think I may go back next winter as well snowHead
ski holidays
Thanks for the information Hayls, Neilski, I think this may appeal to the those in my family that are less ski obsessed than me Very Happy .
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy