Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Record lack of snow in Japan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
Japan has set a record for lack of snow, with this winter marking the latest winter date by which snow has not yet been seen, the Japan Times reported.

The previous record for the latest first snow was Feb. 10, 1960. The data for records is compiled by the Meteorological Agency in Tokyo.

Some authorities say this winter may be Japan's first winter without snow since 1876, the earliest year on which data are available.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/20070211-093731-1022r/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
But we can still moan about European conditions! I'm sure the Japanese would take our snow conditions.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kerekip, I seem to remember last year Japan had so much snow they had to dig the houses out. Strange weather!

snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The bloke who always writes in the Mail on Saturdays (Peter Hardy?) said in this week's article that he had been skiing in Japan last week in loadsa powder. I'm sure he said that the season was 'bad' by Japanese standards - by which they meant there's only a 3 metre base instead of the usual 5. Maybe I misread it or summat. Maybe he was just trying to make his decision to abandon the 'crap' Euro conditions for the wonderful snow of Japan look a bit more justified.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Found it!
Here's a quote from thisistravel based on what he wrote in the Mail on 3rd Feb. You can see why he might try to make Japan look better than it is, having rubbished European conditions rolling eyes

Quote:
Disgusted with snow in Europe, I'm off to Japan this week where Rusutsu, my first port of call on the northern island of Hokkaido, has 200cm of snow at resort level. My second, Niseko United - a ski resort not a football team - has 260cm. Fun it will be, but it's a long way to go for decent snow
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My mate Dave ( yes this is a real one) is out there on some teaching thing, and he says its not the best theyve ever known but theres still enough to ski on!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think last year was record season for snow in Japan
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sage, yes, last year they had lots of snow, but this year does not look bad either.
I have copied the current situation of the top resort from http://www.snowjapan.com/e/daily/A_TO_Z_ResortsSnowDepth.php :
Quote:
RESORT CURRENT SNOW DEPTH CHANGE IN SNOW DEPTH
Hakkoda Aomori 350 cm +60 cm
Kiroro Snow World Hokkaido 330 cm +0 cm
Nakayamatoge Kogen Hotel Hokkaido 330 cm +0 cm
Niseko Grand Hirafu Hokkaido 325 cm +15 cm
Niseko Higashiyama Hokkaido 295 cm +10 cm
Akita Hachimantai Akita 290 cm +20 cm
Getou Kogen Iwate 283 cm +17 cm
Niseko Annupuri Kokusai Hokkaido 280 cm +0 cm
Sapporo Kokusai Hokkaido 280 cm +0 cm
Tengendai Kogen Yamagata 280 cm +0 cm
Sapporo Teine Hokkaido 250 cm +0 cm
Teine Olympia Hokkaido 250 cm +0 cm

I guess the news item relates to Tokyo, or the flatland.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Come on, guys, stop the doommongering wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Perhaps the Japanese report was talking about something equivalent to snow in the Home Counties.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy