Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski bag weight

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i am off to verbier next thurs with bmi baby and have two pairs of skis in my bag weighing in at 16.5kgs.I dont mind paying for one ski carriage ,but wondered how hot the checkin staff are on sneaking the extra pair in?If I keep my hold luggage below 18kgs I reckon I should be OK?as I wont go above 35kgs!!! !
What is the general snowHead opinion?

hedley
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hedley, According to this from bmi site you should be ok:

Quote:
Each passenger can take a maximum of 5 bags per one way flight that must not exceed a combined weight of 20kgs. All baggage allowances are personal and cannot be combined

snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's interesting Sage as the flight I'm using (along with several other SH) for the eosb is a BA Connect one which should be BMI by then (takeover currently going through). I'm still unsure as to which baggage allowance we'll get, either the current BA one, the new BA one from this week or BMI's own allowance.
It should be the current BA one that was in force when the tickets were bought but you know what the airlines are like for trying to enforce rule changes like this.

20kgs is fine for my luggage and boots for a week but with skis as well it could easily be over that figure.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
FenlandSkier, It's Flybe that is taking over BA Connect (in March this year). BA will obtain a 15% stake in Flybe as a result of the deal. There will be a transition period from then until the summer, info here.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They don't normally seem to be bothered by putting more than one set of skis in a bag. Its the weight of the bag that's the issue, not the number of skis in it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sage, oops, I should have checked that before I posted Embarassed

I recently flew Thomsonfly and simply could not get a straight answer out of them regarding weight allowances when paying for sports equipment carriage. The website didn't say and their phoneline didn't know so it was with some trepidation that I approached the checkin desk with my 25kgs worth of hand & hold luggage plus a skibag stuffed with skigear.
Checkin couldn't care less what weight the hand luggage was, in fact they never even bothered to weigh it but she did weigh my ski bag and informed me that it's 15kgs for a skibag. As luck would have it I was under that so no problem but I could have been faced with repacking 3 bags to maximise the weight allowances at the airport because they wouldn't tell us the limits before we flew.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy