Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How can I ........

Poster: A snowHead
Persuade my non-skiing other half that I really need to ski more tha once a season?

I have tried everything I can think of for the last few years but to no avail Sad Sad

All suggestions gratefully recieved Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just go, it's a free world!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Relationships are all about compromise.

Has he/she tried it? Maybe could try it again (board rather than ski/vice versa/something else?)
Move to France (cheaper, better quality of life, nice wine, good for kids .................. ?)
What does OT do that you don't, swap weeks?

Divorce??? Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
afcbtim, you deserve never to see another snowflake ever again for your P¡ss Poor Prior Planning. Take up wind-surfing you idiot. rolling eyes

Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Full of the Milk of . . . Me

You'll need to Register first of course.
afcbtim, book it, pay for it, and tell her/him they're going skiing again. Works for me Little Angel
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
afcbtim, I find bribery works well Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque,

Gee thanks! wink

Lizzard, Unfortunately she has tried, but does not like - why I do not know! (might be something to do with a small, indignificant fracture obtained whilst sliding face first down a cornfiled inAustria in 5 cm of snow!

RachelQ, Unfortunately not a she will not go - I have now got tweo of the kids going, so I at least manage once a year, but I do miss a 'hell for leather' black week, and the kids aren't quite up to that.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That's easy, I just tell my wife that when I was younger, smoking, drinking, taking drugs & sleeping with as many women as possible, were my interests.

I then ask her if she wants me to return to those interests, instead of snowboarding.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ssnowman I take it she said yes Toofy Grin

afcbtim sounds like you need to get clearance off the missus to come on one of the snowheads bashes then, I may not join you hell for leather down a black but I bet we've got a few that will Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Shoot her
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
FenlandSkier,

Having only recently found snowHead ,that sounds like a great idea! but probably not til next year! Sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
afcbtim, tell her you'll take the kids skiing and she can go with best friend on spa week/beach hol/flower arranging week/whatever of her choice. The anklebiters will catch up with you so quickly that you'll be flower arranging yourself in damn short order anyway.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FenlandSkier, Do these trips include a quiet drink as well? Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lizzard, Laughing - I can see that coming!
snow report
afcbtim, it has been known for a small beer or 2 to pass the lips from time to time Toofy Grin
Still plenty of time to join us on this year's trips though and see for yourself firsthand.
ski holidays
Just say you're going away to present at a very important conference.
ski holidays
What about a resort with thermal baths or shopping posibilities?
ski holidays
afcbtim, tell her that the kids are really progressing, but need much more time skiing, then book them into ski school & have hell-for-leather mornings & skiing with kids in the afternoon - or alternatively find another family in the same position. Mr. rpft went through a wobbly patch, when I started taking our 2 kids to norfolk ski club frequently. he enjoys skiing, but thought I was getting obsessed. He is used to it now! Toofy Grin
snow report
tell her that you are going to proportionately link your skiing time to her shopping time. so the more time she spends shopping for shoes and clothes the more time you get to spend in the mountains.

frankly, i'd leave. can't conceive of being with someone who refused to ski.
latest report
afcbtim wrote:
Persuade my non-skiing other half that I really need to ski more tha once a season?

I have tried everything I can think of for the last few years but to no avail Sad Sad

All suggestions gratefully recieved Very Happy Very Happy

I completely sympathise. I never thought I'd find myself in this position but it's now my sad reality. I can't seem to find the right words or persuasions to get the OH to go. I don't even get the 1 trip per year with mates. I get my work trips but generally that is the odd half a days skiing here and there - it's now been 3 years since I had a proper ski holiday and it's very depressing. Sad
ski holidays
nightshift, how about the two of you swap partners?
snow conditions
Lizzard, it's not a bad idea - I'll ask the OH what he thinks!! I have a feeling I know what the answer will be....
ski holidays
I have some sympathy. I've ended up deciding that I will go once a year and take the consequences. My compromise though is I'm not going to play cricket seriously which potentially saves 16 saturdays a year.
snow conditions
dan100, it's the taking the consequences that gets me - it's not like I want to go on my own, I'd love for it to be something we did together.
ski holidays
Aren't marriages about compromise????
I see it as 2 options
1) Recognise that you have different interests and pursue them individually. This can be healthy there's no law that couples have to always go on holiday together... [My other half loves diving I don't, similarly he hates family holidays with the rellies but I enjoy them! so we go separately]
2) Take a holiday somewhere together where skiing is part of the holiday but not everything. E.g. a spa resort - can either ski or spa in the day, or somewhere with other activities like x-country or snowshoeing. But make sure you do those things together - don't just dump her in the hotel and go off on your own - else you may as well do option 1!
snow conditions
mountain mad, maybe I should stop going to the footie with him then and that way we'd be pursuing our own interests seperately. Saying that, from having accompanied him to the footie for 3 seasons now I actually enjoy it myself - I suspect he'd find the same with skiing if he gave it half a chance. Instead it's written off as a "I wouldn't do that" without any consideration.
I'm totally in agreement with you but he hates me going away without him.
snow report
spyderjon, I'm with you here. Just go. Lots of my friends have sailing, golfing trips or ski trips without their partners (in addition to holidays WITH their partners, I hasten to add). They just go with a bunch of friends who want to do those things as much as they do.

And what's all this about "taking the consequences"? Jeez, you guys, are you in a marriage or taking an unauthorised absence from school?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
clara_jo wrote:

And what's all this about "taking the consequences"? Jeez, you guys, are you in a marriage or taking an unauthorised absence from school?

I can't find any way to respond to that, that doesn't make it sound bad but in truth, yes, when it comes to this subject, it can feel like the latter!!
snow conditions
I've brought my sons up to never fall in love with a girl who doesn't ski Madeye-Smiley
snow report
nightshift, i feel for you - i once spent 7 years with someone who kept saying 'maybe next year'
needless to say we are not together anymore and luckily i converted this one with no problems !
Would he not be interested in a golfing holiday in portugal or something similar in march/april and then you can go on one of the snowheads bashes !?
win win situation
Little Angel
ski holidays
RachelQ, Good call !
latest report
afcbtim, 'Need' is the wrong word. 'Want' is better.

If you look at it from a positive angle, she could be saving you money.

Or you could just make sure your one trip is for a longer period -say a month.
snow report
nightshift, maybe you need to talk to Michelle, her once reluctant hubby seems to be coming round to the idea.
RachelQ, I shall pass on that pearl of wisdom to the mini-Beaumonts. Very Happy
ski holidays
Tell her you want to take her shopping. This will work! Then simply pick a resort near/with plenty of good shopping and take the hit on the wallet! If you find another couple with the same issue then she wil have someone to shop with - she's even more likely to want to go but it will cost you more! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, last time I looked they weren't actually the ones to whom the word mini was best applied Wink !
latest report
pielot, because all women like to waste their time in shops, evidently. rolling eyes
snow report
keep asking and asking till you wear her down and as soon as she says yes don't mention it again, book it and the a few weeks before you go remind her that you are going, works for me snowHead
latest report
RachelQ wrote:
I've brought my sons up to never fall in love with a girl who doesn't ski Madeye-Smiley

Don't be surprized when one son introduces the new love of his life as "Kevin the snowboarder". Wink
latest report
We have told our daughter not to fall in love with a boy that doesn't ski. Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy