Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone had much experience with Goode carbon skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.goode.com/skisallmtn.htm

They look interesting at least.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've just bought myself these babies:

they're DPS Lotus 120s - see www.dpsskis.com

goode used to manufacture skis for the company which became DPS. it's kind of a long story but they parted ways and the goode monstro, vision and pash are basically making old design DP skis. I understand the quality isn't quite so good and the thinking on the shapes has moved on a bit. the DPS skis now have a wood core and the carbon basically replaces metal in stiffening the ski up. they're still amazingly light for the size. I think that the Goode skis are basically all carbon (with some foam in the core but it's just filler) and therefore have a very different feel from conventional skis

haven't had the chance to test the lotuses yet - hope to do so in a couple of weeks
Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers, hopefully I will get a chance to demo a pair sometime.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Today, I had the chance to ski the Goode Montro at SnowBasin in conditions ranging from 18" of fresh powder, to crud, moguls, cat tracks, and groomers. By the way, a pair of the Montro’s weighs in at only 6 lbs.
Wow! What a ski. With 120 MM underfoot they power thru pow and crud with amazing ease. For a wide ski, they screamed thru moguls. Their light wieght makes a huge difference in swing weight and I was able to whip the skis into the next bump with ease. They handle traverses and cat tracks great. On groomers they were very smooth and stable, but, because these skis have very little side cut, don't expect them to carve a turn like a shaped ski. Of course, they weren't meant for groomers. I have been shopping around for a light weight fat ski to use in the backcountry. I have tried many of the skis discussed in TGR Forum that were mentioned as comparable to the Goode and I have to say, the weight advantage of the Goode is impressive. The Montros weigh only 5.6 lbs. The shape is nearly perfect for backcountry with a relaxed camber on the tip, and a flat middle and tail. I was surprised at the power of this ski, and it easily handled some very fast descents thru some huge crud piles with no bucking and hooking. During the start of a long bootpack, I was chatting with a couple young guys carrying some similarly sized fat skis. I mentioned how light these skis were. They were very curious so I let them compare. When they hefted their skis next to the Goodes their shocked reaction was quite humorous. It was even more fun when we got to the summit. Hey. I am 52 years old and I was able to rip down a tracked out powder hill and leave these young guys (who work in the ski industry) way behind. This ski definitely lets you open it up.
To complete my testing, I also put skins on them to check out how they can climb, and I could really feel the difference in weight as I cut new tracks up a steep Powder run. To me, these are nearly perfect lightweight backcountry skis. They have the 120 mm waist that really increases the fun factor and provide versatility on the descents, which is why we go, right? Plus, they are very light, so we don't have to wear out on the climbs.
OK, so, after testing several other skis, I decided to purchase the Goodes. After all, they had the best feel, the lightest weight, and were the dimensions I was hoping for. Also, if you understand the Carbon and Torsion Box construction of these skis, you will understand how tough they really are. No, I do not work for Goode. But, I have spent a lot of time evaluating and studying. Also, I already have a nice quiver of skis including K2 Pontoons (Great for in-bounds powder skis, but too heavy and too much reverse camber for backcountry); 2 pair of Volkl Mantra's (which at a 94mm waist are too narrow to take optimal advantage of the epic backcountry around Alta, and besides, they weigh 2 lbs more than the Goodes); I also have a pair of K2 Maiden AK's (which like most skis, are heavier than I want for long backcountry days). I have been dreaming for a while about what a perfect ski would be, and the Goodes hit the mark. Happy Skiing. Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've seen and handled all of the latest Goode carbon skis, can't tell you anything about how they ski, but they are amazingly light, with a light set of bindings, you wouldn't even know you had them on your feet.
I know where you can but some in the UK at a good price, but nowhere unfortunately where you can demo some.
snow conditions
 monster77
monster77
Buy a pair of Goode carbon skis your wallet will be pretty light too Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
monster77 wrote:
Buy a pair of Goode carbon skis your wallet will be pretty light too Very Happy

And BC SKI dude's might be heavier, offsetting the benefit of his superlight Goode skis.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy