Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rear entry boots are back ......in disguise

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.skinet.com/skinet/videos/article/0,26958,1568071,00.html

I originally spotted this on Epic. David Goldsmith would also be pleased.

Maybe there is a market for glue-on buckles to refurbish SX91s ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmmmm, Nordica have produced boots like this before, they called them mid-entry back then (around 1993).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I still ski in my mid-entry Nordicas (1995/6 season!). They were the ones that the youngster adjusting my bindings in the ski shop described as "cool, in a retro kind of way".

I picked this up from a previous boot thread:

"Boots last until u can no longer handle the derision heaped upon them by peers and (particularly) ski instructors." Oh, I can handle it Wink

Hm, well the foam inners haven't packed out yet, and the plastic still seems ok. Seems like the new boots v. extra ski weekend argument just came down firmly in favour of Stelios rather than Snow + Rock.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
clara_jo wrote:
"Boots last until u can no longer handle the derision heaped upon them by peers and (particularly) ski instructors.

Perfectly true. Although I had a pair of Kofflach boots where the heels wore down and I could not get replacements. It affected the operation of the bindings as well.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clara_jo wrote:
I still ski in my mid-entry Nordicas (1995/6 season!). They were the ones that the youngster adjusting my bindings in the ski shop described as "cool, in a retro kind of way".

What were they called NR7s NR8s etc? They seemed to work pretty well as a ski boot, rear entry convenience and clips at the front for precision and this Nordica is the same concept. Thumbs up for recycling I would say.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davidof, Syntech NX 6.9. Given the amount of problems/pain some others in my party seemed to have with the up-to-the-minute boots they were wearing, I felt pretty pleased with my choice.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
From a purely engineering design point of view, there have been enormous developments in materials sciences and structural modelling . . . I don't see any issue at all in product development that allows systems that was a very effective evolution of traditional skiing styles and was only made redundant by a changes in ski shape and sport technique that overwhelmed existing materials capability. I don't think it's going backwards, more an update facilitated by better materials. We may in time come to see the past decade or two as an aberration of discomfort. wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
clara_jo wrote:
davidof, Syntech NX 6.9. Given the amount of problems/pain some others in my party seemed to have with the up-to-the-minute boots they were wearing, I felt pretty pleased with my choice.

Thanks here are the Syntech 6.5

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davidof, Digressing slightly, very nice video on your PisteHors site about the Sache run at Tignes.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Masque, A great career beckons for you in either advertising or spin-doctoring. The choice is yours.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy