Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

5 Sleeps left til journeying out to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
snowHead

5 sleeps to go!

Then at 18:00 hrs I shall be leaving Victoria Coach Station in London on a big Double Decker Oak Hall Neoplan Coach.

Probably about 18 hours or so, later, I will be arriving at Hotel Alpenblick in Schlitters, Tirol, Austria Very Happy (Outside the main resort area though)

I CANNOT WAIT!

Hmmmm, must pack..........

I wonder if any others will be out there at the same time! 14th - 23rd Feb in the Zillertal Arena.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ah....the Oak Hall Neoplans.....many happy memories of waving my mates off on one...and then flying out to join them!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes. that's what some of my friends will be doing. Well, flying out, not waving t'ra like you did. Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm going off skiing today! Bye all. snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
have a good one
snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mr.Si, enjoy yourself - I am sure you will snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well people,

I'm sitting in the lobby of Hotel Alpenblick, Schlitters, Zillertal, Tirol, At. with my laptop on my knee using the wireless they've so kindly allowed me to use, 3 hours until our coach departs for England, via switzerland and then france.

I've had the most totally awesome time.

I was for some reason put in the top class of lessons which meant I got to do some (for me) pretty crazy stuff.

We were mainly skiing in the Hochzillertal / Hochfugen mountains but one of the days we went to Mayrhofen to explore a bit of that, which, naturally saw us go to the Burton Snowpark and do some of the smaller jumps/kickers there. (2 attempts were landed but the middle attempt saw more air and a face plant / headbutt landing - I like my helmet, it works).
We also went on the Harakiri piste (Austria's steepest black with 400mtrs of 87% gradient) and that was fun! I had to rescue a ski from the piste half way down.

Did some steeps, some off piste and small mogul fields - basically learning how to do them... I know look for them on the pistes for grip, they are my friends.

The conditions...
Well, at the bottom of the valley there is no snow, but up at the central stations where the gondolas go up to, and higher, there is enough to ski on due to a powder day just before I came out here. It hasn't snowed all week while I've been here and now it's beginning to get a little on the thin and icy side. By the end of the day it's slushy in places and the snow is not much as everyone has been scraping it away with their long slats of wood.

It has been very warm, lovely conditions every day - like perfect blue skies, and sunny! one day it was 17 celcius! it's a little overcast today though so a bit chillier like.
I hope it snows very soon or the people on the next trip who arrive this evening will not have a great week.

Definitely evidence of a warm winter, but hey, a couple of winters ago it was snowy all the way down to the valley and in it. So I don't think it's global warming here, cause it wouldn't be a sudden change. Just a warm/hot winter.

There's Simon's essay for the day, hope you enjoyed the read. I shall upload photos when I get home.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mr.Si, A good report snowHead but we're still waiting for the pictures... wink

Did your coach break down, it has now been 10 days since you set off for home Confused
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy