Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do you avoid "chairlift judges"?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Martin Nicholas, that lift is still there and you still have to carry your ski's, poles, board etc up the lift, can be quite a struggle if your small as you have to jump up a bit and the lift comes round quite quick. They are always sending up the next lift with dropped poles, goggles, skis, boards, mobile phones etc.... rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't belive that lift hasn't been moved on to Bulgaria yet Dan Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Brilliant story, Martin! [referring to your posting at base of previous page]
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
best one i've seen was in sauze earlier this year as a friend and i where skiing through the trees under a two man lift when there was a wolf whistle from two gorgeous ski bunnies on the lift my friend looked up and gave a little wave didnt see the tree in front of him so legs either side of it down he went oh the people on the lift where crying with laughter it was only our second day and i could of quite happilly gone home then even when its brought up now he turns a healthy shade of red and will i ever let him forget it of course not what a friends for Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In La Plagne there used to be a mogul red run under a chain on the Champagny side. My mate brought kidies sleigh bells with him and it was great fun rattling these bells and going "Oy yoy yoy" like they do on downhills and seeing the reaction. I've grown up now and would never do this - honest Wink

I got my rucksack buckle caught on a chairlift, this year, dragging me round into soft snow and stopping the chairlift. Skied off very sheepish and quickly!

Has anyone done Dinant Noir at Flaine. There is a chair on very short pylons just above you at the steapest hardest bit. I've definitely given people something to laugh about Embarassed but I've never noticed as I'm to busy sh**ing myself!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In Val d'Isere last year on the Marmottes 3-seater lift, we got on, with another English speaking female. The lift came round quicker than she was expecting, so as a result she hadn't totally sat down. We couldn't get the bar down, as she was clutching the side of the lift; by this time that was all that kept her on, and we were 2 to 3m above the ground. I was unsure of what to do, so just grabbed her and tried to haul her up, though something was preventing me from being able to get her right up, and also the fact I didn't want to fall myself. When we were about 4m above the ground, she looked up at me with a small smile, and said "nevermind", before dropping. The lift went off pretty quickly, and the liftie ran out, before giving her a hug and popping her onto the next chair. She was very shaken, but amazingly ok, and came up to us to thank me for my efforts as we got ready at the top of the lift.

One of my worst experiences of "Chairlift Judges" was also in Val d'Isere... I was in a good mood, having been scooting around all day underneath a pure blue sky overhead. Anyway, I hit some mogulls, before pulling to a stop at the edge of the piste, underneath a chairlift (I forget which). There was a natural kicker, with a long steeply angled run in, but the kicker itself was about 2ft long, but very very steeply angled. The run-in did it's job, giving me plenty of speed, but then I seemingly left the ground at a near vertical angle. That's when the spinning backwards started. My head (luckily in a lid) was closest to the ground when there was impact, leaving me tumbling head over heels down the slope without skis, to massive applause from every chair on that lift! When I finally skidded to a hault, I managed to weakly raise my arm in defiance against the "WAHEY" "ENCORE, ENCORE"s!!

A time I'm glad there wasn't a chairlift nearby was in Tignes, involving a day with a very limited visibility, some speed, and a lift marker... But I won't go into that.

Still, you've got to love it!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy