Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next weekend (Thu15 - Mon 19 Feb)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there!

Having got the chance for a quick weekend on the slopes, I was wondering about resorts around Geneva or Salzburg (being from the emerald isle does limit your adffordable flight options).

Could you please suggest some realtively snow-sure resorts within an hour (or so's) drive of either with reasonably challenging skiing.

Any chalets/hotels you can recommend would also help

Many thanks,
CW
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cardweg, half-term in France ( and UK) , so i'd try Swiss resorts if I were you. There may be a shortage of weekend accommodation.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cardweg dont know if you can get flights to Nice from NI but if so there are a few resorts relatively close by. Also it's not half term for the south of France then so accom should be easier to find.

(We are off to ski Val D'allos on those dates which is how i know about the half term dates!)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cardweg, I'm heading to Ski Amade from the 17th to the 20th. I, too, prefer challenging skiing, but given the snow this year, anything could be challenging.

I'm staying in St. Johann im Pongau, and will ski most of the resorts in that region (about an hour south of Salzburg). I may also hit Kaprun or Saalbach if I can sneak away for a day.

And a question to the SnowHeads: any recommendation on ski hire in the St. Johann-Wagrain region that hires out high-performance equipment? I'm looking for skiercross, racing or high-end carver - my usual skis are Atomic SX:11s that I'm not lugging with me for myriad reasons

Are there any places you'd recommend above the others? I'm aware of Toni & Gerhardts, as well as InterSport and SnoWorld - all three have locations in St. Johann. Any thoughts from the crowd? Plus or minus?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy