Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA Robbing B*****ds

Poster: A snowHead
Quite interesting but I can not now find the revised page regarding sport equipment allowance on my BA email links, they seem to have dropped the 'from 13th Becember' page and the revised wording

Quote:

Snow and skiing equipment
Skis, poles and boot bag allowed
Snowboard and boot bag allowed

and returned to the previous definition of sports goods 'One pair of skis and ski poles or a snowboard or a monoski. Plus one pair of ski boots and bindings' Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Result Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you brother-in-law.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The power of snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I flew back from Canada late Monday night (so technically the first day of the new rules as it was already Tuesday in the UK) and we had no problems at all with a boot bag and ski bag each.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 14-02-07 11:19; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Anniegirl, these new rules don't apply to flights to North America though, they are covered by different allowances.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
Helen
Got a reply direct from the Product Exec for Baggage policy, as follows:

"It's difficult to get the balance right - giving enough info, but not too much to overload people.

For info, Skis and boots have always been considered '1 item' and are under the new policy. See www.ba.com/ski - and click on the banner 'all skis go free':- you'll get the following:

Disclaimer:

Ski equipment carried free without additional charge includes one pair of skis and ski poles, or a snowboard or a monoski, plus one pair of bindings and boots. A maximum weight of 23kg (51lbs) applies to each bag. Policy applicable until 30 April 2007. For more information visit ba.com/baggagepolicy."

I queried the 30 April 2007 date and was told:

"sporting equipment will be free for the foreseable future - but never say never!"
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Helen Beaumont, if we can get an answer from BA in such a short time, how long will it take the collective snowHead to get a reduction in carbon out put and world peace Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SHello, perhaps we should start working on the latest G8 summit meeting now. Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helen Beaumont, Well done, I'm still waiting for a reply to the e-mail I sent BA Sad

snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sage, as always, it's who you know...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I know I'm splitting hairs but who does actually write this stuff? "One pair of skis. Plus one pair of bindings and boots"???? Should it not be "One pair of skis and bindings (or even with bindings?) plus one pair of boots"? How many people carry their bindings attached to their boots not their skis? Spyderjon isn't allowed to answer Laughing

[/pedant]
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
eng_ch, if you want to split hairs how about this:

What about double or triple ski bags?

Will they be requesting that they be opened to count the pairs?

Or will they just count 1 ski bag as 1 pair of skis?

And the same applies to ski bags with one board and one pair of skis, or two boards.

I've even flown with three boards in a triple ski bag.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lbt wrote:
Sage, as always, it's who you know...

rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
eng_ch, awful wording, and brother-in-law couldn't get anyone to actually admit to it!! As he is a pedant himself, although not a skier, it wouldn't have been him.
ski holidays
Received a reply from BA:

Quote:
Snow ski equipment is defined as one pair of skis and ski poles or a snowboard or a monoski, plus one pair of ski boots and bindings.

As per our new baggage policy, You may check in your free checked baggage allowance plus one additional item of sports equipment providing the item weighs up to 23kg, and does not exceed the following dimensions: 2.5m x 1.00m x 0.80m (98in x 39in x 31in). You will also be required to notify us about the carriage of ski equipments at the time of booking, or at a minimum of 24 hours before departure.

I hope this is the information you require.

Regards
Sharad
British Airways Executive Club

But what about the last bit, that you need to tell them you have equipment when you book?
ski holidays
Interesting that they make no mention of sports equipment for climbers as well who may go out for climbing the likes of say the Eiger or using a boot bag to carry walking boots for those who like walking in the summer. I know nothing to do with skiing but it is something worth thinking about!!!!
ski holidays
Well, I'm now in Geneva and the trip from Heathrow to Geneva was so easy, much better than a Saturday. At T4, there was a massive queue for bag drop off but we went straight to the check in desk.
Woohoo, skiing tomorrow. Razz
snow conditions
We just flew back from Lyons with BA and had no problem checking in skis, boot bag and one bag each. Some were even over 20Kg.

Will just mention that they cancelled our return flight by text while we were in resort! We got back via Manchester and taxis, but the world's favourite airline just lost another customer.

snowHead
ski holidays
Chris Bish, not good service at all. Will you get compensation for the taxis etc?
latest report
Helen Beaumont, Once I have finished wasting my time on snowHead snowHead I will get to work with a carefully crafted letter enclosing the receipt.

snowHead
ski holidays
Chris Bish, you've probably already done this, but this is the relevant BA website page apparently, My bro-in-law is such a geek!!
ski holidays
Quote:

Will just mention that they cancelled our return flight by text while we were in resort! We got back via Manchester and taxis, but the world's favourite airline just lost another customer.

It's fine saying that but what are the alternatives, Easyjet or Ryanair? They both cancel flights regularly, and I doubt you would receive a text from them giving you advance warning. I've seen it at Pisa Airport, last year, where Ryanair cancelled all thier flights because of fog that wasn't even there when the flights were due in.

I'm not saying that BA are very great at the moment, with all the cost cutting going on, it's just there are not many alternatives.

snowHead
snow report
Sage, Fair point. You expect to get stitched up by cheapskate airlines. Less so though by "Flag Carriers." Thanks Helen Beaumont, for that link. I just wrote to BA asking them to cover our costs. It looks as if we are entitled to compensation....

snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy