Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone planning on skiing in England tomorrow?

Poster: A snowHead
What with all this snow forecast for England tomorrow I wondered if anyone was planning to get the planks or trays out? I would but i broke my toe last weekend negotiating my own front door step so I dont think skiing is feasible and also Cambridgeshire is not know for it's hills.

Always interesting to hear where people ski in the UK on the odd occasion we can. A couple of years back whilst driving through Kent on way to tunnel saw a few people skiing down a random field, was tempted to stop and get the ski gear out but kept heading to Engelberg where we found some amazing powder.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If we get enough, then I'd be tempted.....I'd use my old skis though!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If there's enough cover I'll be skiing, a few years ago my daughter and I skied in ntfarmer's fields Very Happy
Until his cows came over an got to interested and I realised that I was wearing a RED jacket and they weren't cows but Bullock's, so we went home quickly Laughing

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 7-02-07 20:40; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've told my boss that if there's snow tomorrow I'll be calling in dead (I've used up my sick-leave)!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
waynos, if we get any snow in cheshire(about once a decade) i ski the ninth and the eighteenth on our local golf course about 40yds of vertical with 400yds off piste Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm trying to organise a ski session on Hampstead Heath or Primrose Hill tomorrow evening, if there's enough snow.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Neilski, come now, you're exaggerating. It snowed after Christmas 2000 (only time my kids have been tobogganing) and I think we got 2 days of snow in March last year - such a shock, I took photos as proof. That's twice in 6 years Wink Oh, & it was officially a white Christmas in Northwich in 2004. We made a snowman that was well on its way to melting by Boxing Day Sad It's pants round here, isn't it?

The first time I ever went on skis was on the practice course of the golf course in Suffolk where my granddad used to play. Turning wasn't an option, as I hadn't been taught any technique, so I just treated the planks like I would a sledge and straight-lined it down between two trees, waiting for the lack of hill on the other side to slow me down. As an approach, it had its merits - I didn't fall over, anyway.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
clara_jo, are well you are at least 10 feet higher in northwich than we are so no wonder you get so much snow than us Cool
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Neilski, snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If we get a bit more than this (2005) I'll get my ski's out wink and post a pic!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As a cynical optimist I'm shocked, amazed and delighted with this morning's weather.
Not sure why there isn't anyone else in my office tho' Confused
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am off to ski my local golf course in a short while. They have dusted off their 2 lifts Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

Resort altitude (my house) is 18m; resort base is 10m

Glad I got first tracks - the kids will be along later to mess up the carefully prepped pistes !
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well it's just started raining now here in South Wales. So my lovely snow will be gone soon.
Make the most of what snow you have now 'cos my snow lasted around 11 hours.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Schools are closed, kids at home, we've had snowball fights and made snowmen!! lovin it! snowHead
snow report
hyweljenkins wrote:
I've told my boss that if there's snow tomorrow I'll be calling in dead (I've used up my sick-leave)!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy