Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club email

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Paul100, yes - yo're correct you should build it into your business plan. Although that's not always easy when the margins are so tight. My concern is that these people probably don't need the extra negative press that this year seems to have attracted.
I'm still of the opinion that unless it's actually dangerous to ski on the slope then ones expectations should be more in line with having an enjoyable time as Helen Beaumont says rather than saying the conditions are terrible just because there isn't waist high powder.
I blame the ski technology myself!! When I learnt to ski, if you went off-piste it was usually a navigational error. It now seems that the ideal conditions everyone is being forced to seek are ones based around perfect, unskied powder. If there's a covering on the piste I'd say conditions were probably OK - hell, I'd probably even enjoy myself!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From my point of view, my apartment is only a sideline to my main occupation, and as such, when we bought it, we only spent what we could comfortably afford to, without relying on a large no of rentals to cover the costs. I am surprised that we have had so many bookings because of the bad press coverage, and we are full up until 6th April now, and have had no cancellations. However, many others in the Alps rely on the winter season for their whole income, so next time you complain about the drink or restaurant prices, remember that they only have a limited no of weeks to earn a living.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont wrote:
......, so next time you complain about the drink or restaurant prices, remember that they only have a limited no of weeks to earn a living.

And, I imagine, very high overheads - such as the costs of bringing in supplies, and disposing of waste.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fluffybunnybrigade wrote:
Are we implying that the Ski Club are actually a separate race? rolling eyes ...that'd be the master race presumably?

FBB

You might have a point...

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tim Brown,
Quote:

The law governing racial discrimination covers discrimination against the English by, for example a racist Scots person. Of course not all Scots are racists.

I think this says more about the quality of the current governments legisation than it does about the nature of racism.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
T Bar, it's EU law.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tim Brown,
Have to say I didn't realise the EU had any racial discrimination laws but I will file it under yet another asinine EU law/directive. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
T Bar, Yeah well you didn't know that English people were covered by race discrimination law either. Plus the fact the UK's own laws on this were past well before this Government got in.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tim Brown,
I certainly am not particularly au fait with when every law was passed. I was aware that the English were covered by race discrimination laws, which I think says more about the law than about racial discrimination. You cannot racially discriminate against an Englishman or woman on grounds of their Englishness as They are not a race.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tim Brown, give it a rest. Spoil your own threads.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy