Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Things to do in Soldeu/el Tarter area

Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for stuff to do (apart from skiing obviously) ie good restaurants pubs etc places to visit...we are staying in between the resorts of Soldeu and El Tarter this half term with 3 adults 2 kids aged 10 and 11 would like some tips on how to make the best of the week please..Oh and we have a car so can get about
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
traditional activities in this area include a TO organised pub crawl that takes you to about 10 bars and you down a dodgy drink in each

this results in much fun later on as you and the rest of those on the pub crawl dance on the tables in various bars/night clubs etc

mind you i think you might have to leave the kids at home for this one Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RogerSounds Ok...where do we start? Where is the best place to go first to get in the swing as it were...we are no spring chickens but very trendy 40 somethings so dont mind having a go....Do you know of anywhere more refined to go if we fancy a bit of sophistication?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very trendy 40 somethings. oh. You'll be fine in Soldeu Razz For some post apres recovery head to Caldea Spa in Andorra La Vella for some R&R www.caldea.ad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Best places to go in Soldeu - Aspen (shows a lot of sporting events), T-Bar / Iceberg(not bad for apres ski happy hour), Later nights - Fat Alberts &, if your stamina will permit, Pussycats. Not quite the same since the upgrade Avalanche. Caldea Spa is a good but there's also the spa in Soldeu now too (bit further up from the Soldeu Gondola). Also, I'd recommend you catch the bus down to Andorra La Vella if you fancy some more authentic Andorran fare, have a wander up some of the side streets. There's a few places where you'll see hundreds of hams hanging from the ceilings (& chequered tableclothes) of which the locals are very proud & prices are reasonable. If you get bored with skiing, try the snowmobiles (kids can ride tandem) Enjoy!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Badgerdot,

Limited options available I'm afraid. We went as a large family group with kids ranging 6-16 (but increasing over the years). Skiing was fab, but we tended to limit our stay to skiing from crack of dawn until the mountain closed - during the day, and eating out - at night.

Nicer restaurants include, Fat Alberts (Restaurant rather than pub), Pussycat, Restaurant in Hotel Bruxelles on main street is French owned and food is superb. Also La Borda del Rector in Incles was good. I also know that we went to a restaurant called La Cort de Popaire last year - although I can't specifically remember it I do recall that all restaurants that we visited last year were good.

There are some nice restaurants in Pas de la Casa, near the ski station. The centre of town has hotel based buffets that I suggest that you avoid.

On Soldeu's main street there's a reasonably priced Italian restaurant that's child friendly but not as good as I've eaten as home.

For a non-skier or a non-ski day, I'm told that the Caldea Spa at Escaldes is good, but I haven't been.

I can't give advice on pubs I'm afraid, but Soldeu's strongest forte isn't nightlife for family groups
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
badgerdot, La Cort de Popaire thatSkibb, mentions is the posh name for the Restaurant under the Pussycat disco good but a bit on the expensive side.
To keep the younger ones happy just down the road in Canillo is the Palau de Gel with its ice rink and swimming pool plus lots more.
The Iceberg does a happy hour really 2 for 1 so when you order everything comes doubled, can be a little disconcerting at first, but i'm sure you will get the hang of it!! Main thing is have fun. Smile BTW snow forecast for tonight and tomorrow.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Can really recommend a trip to Caldea at Andorra la veilla - fantastic spa baths and well worth spending an evening or afternoon of fun there! Might be worth prebooking at popular times!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ann wrote:
Can really recommend a trip to Caldea at Andorra la veilla - fantastic spa baths and well worth spending an evening or afternoon of fun there! Might be worth prebooking at popular times!

Ann, can I ask about the transport to and from Caldea please. (Were staying in Soldeu)

Thinking of doing it one evening. Thanks Tim
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There is also a good spa in Soldeu, I think in the Sport Hotel complex. We went there for three hours last year when the pistes were closed (too much snow rolling eyes ) and had a great time. As with anywhere, it would be worth pre-booking although we managed simply to turn up without booking at the time, but I remember that they had a limit of something like 30 people at any one time. Does give it an exclusive feel though.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
badgerdot, http://www.geocities.com/daggers_jones/ski2006/index.html
hope this helps
Sport Hotel village / spa is very good
and check out the restaraunt at the base of Soldeu gondolla was great last year.
have a look at site and PM if you want any other help
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We enjoyed having lunch at the "Sol y Neu" (I thinks that how it is spelt). It is in Soldeu to the right of the gondola as you face the slopes and has a terrace that overlooks the final run in - so great fun to eat and watch peeps sweeping in down the final slope.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh, I forgot to recommend a mountain restaurant in the valley between Soldeu and Pas, by a lake but sorry can't remember the name.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nick L, Lac de Pessons
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dypcdiver, that's the one - very pretty meal if the weather is nice enough to eat outside
snow report
Nick L wrote:
Dypcdiver, that's the one - very pretty meal if the weather is nice enough to eat outside
Sounds lovely! how do you get to it? Can you remember?
snow report
Take the gondola up out of Soldeu, turn left down blue (paniquera) to Solana chair, blue (obaga) to Solanelles chair, blue/red down to Llac del Cubil, up Llac del Cubil chair down blue (fortuga). You're there!
http://www.grandvalira.com/planigrafia/ca/pop_pistas.htm links to the piste map.
latest report
Quote:

Ann, can I ask about the transport to and from Caldea please. (Were staying in Soldeu)

Thinking of doing it one evening. Thanks Tim

Yes, it's easy - just straight down the main road (the main and only real road thru the whole country as far as I know! - down to Andorra la veilla. Once you get there you will see its tower (bit like a church spire) on teh north side of town. Theres a carpark underneath it I seem to remember. Look up teh website for Caldea - that may give you directions. or the website for Andorra la veilla itself. We stayed at a small hotel just on the edge of Soldeu last year for the weekend - went down to Caldea for the evening after spending the day skiiing - it was such fun. We did the same the previous year. You will love it - we especially liked the rapids which go outside!

We loved Soldeu and skiing there too - good lift system. The restaurant someone recommended above (lac de pessons) was really nice.
snow conditions
badgerdot, use the Spa in the Sport Hermitage - its fantastic and only costs €35. ou do need to take your own flip flops though. At only €5 more than Caldea its worth it. I did both last week. The only problem with the Sport is that it only allows over 14s in. Personally, I thought that was a good point ! Very Happy
ski holidays
Smokin Joe wrote:
badgerdot, use the Spa in the Sport Hermitage - its fantastic and only costs €35. ou do need to take your own flip flops though. At only €5 more than Caldea its worth it. I did both last week. The only problem with the Sport is that it only allows over 14s in. Personally, I thought that was a good point ! Very Happy

Thanks Smokin Joe...I did an it was fantastic! left the kids with Uncle and went for a few hours after I had to abandon the snowboarding when i got injured. It was the highlight of my week! I sat in one of the many Jacuzzis at the end of the day overlooking the piste and watched the sun set over the mountain..pure magic! Apparently if you stay at the Hermitage its free.

My brother who regularly pays £80 in England for sports massages, had one of their massages at 61 euros and said it was excellent also.

There was a big dump of snow as we left on saturday by the way...HUGE flakes!
snow report
badgerdot, I'll be going back !! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
Thought I might just add some recommendations, though they are not too fancy as we were snowboarding for the first time and were in so much pain...it was all we could do to put one foot in front of the other...never mind go out boogying - although I might have forced myself if the bars were a bit more sophisticated Very Happy

For great breakfasts and access to internet try Slim Jim's Internet Cafe in Soldeu. We tried Hotel Roc for an evening meal one night and was great. Menu is different each night so choice is limited but the food was excellent. Place was homely and down to earth. (although I was a bit put off by the sight of what looked like two 14 year olds smoking at the bar) I believe they have a band on there also later on in the evening.

Tried the spa at the Nordic where they do let kids in -at a price- it cost around 40 euros for 2 adults and two kids and then they made us buy swimmimg caps at 3 euros a throw...my husband only escaped looking as silly as the rest of us by the fact that he was bald! Save your money, get a sitter and go to the spa in Soldeu but dont forget your flip flops...they charge you 12 euros for a pair.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy