Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Newbie looking for advice on resorts near Salzburg

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, myself and some friends are flying to Salzburg in 3 weeks and I'm wondering what's the best resort to visit in terms of snow and easy drive from Salzburg. A few friends recommended this site so any help would be greatly appreciated. Apologies if this info is on another thread.

We are good intermediate skiiers who would have a go at most slopes with some skiers who would be happier with less challenging slopes, although we're not overly worried about having really challenging slopes.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ski_fppoc, welcom to snowHead's loads of areas within 1 hour drive, if you want a high resort with great snow record and a mix of skiing then i would look at Oberteurn

iv'e not skiied much else round there but there are plenty, i am sure there will be more peeps along soon with opinions. Have fun Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski Amade is very pleasant, and is well matched o your party's standard. Check the snow reports before you go, though.

Must be twenty years since I went there. Happy memories. Can't imagine it's changed much.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
achilles, thats the other place, couldn't think of the area name...contains apenhof, flacau etc
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kaprun and Obertauern are the most snow secure. Saalbach is another option.
Best to check the snow nearer the time.

http://www.bergfex.com/salzburg/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many thanks guys, I'll check out a few of these before I go.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski_fppoc, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Schladming would suit you, (part of the ski amade area mentioned above). You would find lots on here about it if you do a search (click on the "forum search" button. It isn't particularly high, but has a good snow record and recent returners are reporting reasonable conditions despite the general lack of snow across the Alps.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We were in Obertauern last week - it was brilliant. We stayed at the Shutz & they do a transfer service if you don't fancy driving. They've got an English web site & they'll answer emails in English too & are v helpful.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Saalbach-Hinterglemm sounds suitable. It is roughly 90 mins from Salzburg. Good for intermediates during the day. Busy (but cheesy) at night.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
flashk5, what a web site, I take it that the hotel isn't as dated as the pics make it appear!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ski_fppoc,

No brainer..... Obertauern snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
flashk5 wrote:
We were in Obertauern last week - it was brilliant. We stayed at the Shutz & they do a transfer service if you don't fancy driving. They've got an English web site & they'll answer emails in English too & are v helpful.

Flashk5 - We're off there in a few weeks, what was it like? Any bad points? Food OK? Booze a decent price or am I smuggling wine into the restaurant under the table again?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Only bad point is that it suffers from bad wind (& so might you on their beer!) - we had a day of horizontal snow!!!! Apart from that we really liked the place & will probably go back. We were half board so other than lunch (recommend Austria Hotel near to Edelweiss lift, watch out for bloke with fire extinguisher!) we ate in the hotel. Prices didn't seem too bad & the beer's good!!

For apres ski we went to 2 bars - Latschn Alm & Leurtzer (probably badly spelt but you should find them!) You can watch the night skiing (Monday & Thursday) & those that stayed in the slope bars drinking skiing down from upstairs in the Leurtzer whilst singing along to dj. Also try People bar & Monkey Heaven - quite close to the other 2 bars.

I hear they've had a bit of snow this week & lots more forecast for next week too. Enjoy!! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for that. What's with the bloke with the extinguisher?

Will try out the Austria hotel, and as for the night skiing I'll be there. On the Obertauern forum they reckon that there's everything but dancing bears there on the night skiing evening. Luerzer sounds good to me too.........

If you're considering going back it sounds good to me.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
He squirts Apple Schnapps in your mouth from a bottle that looks like a fire extinguisher!!!!
snow report
Excellent - Sauerapfel loescht Durst! Better still if it's free!
snow conditions
ski_fppoc, I'm another definite vote for Saalbach great alround resort - best I've been to.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy