Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted - Skiing companion for winter sports

Poster: A snowHead
David@traxvax, Oh so true wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's more specifically, confidence around women, about being in their company, and projecting yourself as a potential partner to them.

Loads of blokes develop a defence strategy of being a totally non-threatening friend around women, as they learn at an early age that it is a way of avoiding rejection from women that they like. Unfortunately it also tends to signal that you're not interested in them as potential partners.

It's a far more common thing that you may think. There is a whole section of Neuro Linguistic Programming that deals with it, as well as other personal relationships.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kramer, like I said I can do the confidence thing, it's just that I can only manage it in Wengen, wierd I know but there you are Embarassed Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you never been anywhere else but Wengen?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nadenoodlee, yes I have, it's just that I like Wengen the best, it suits my relaxed style of skiing, oh and I love the scenery, there are many places that have better skiing, are more snow sure and have a better night life, but very few that can compete wth the scenery and the atmosphere
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
D G Orf wrote:
Kramer, like I said I can do the confidence thing, it's just that I can only manage it in Wengen, wierd I know but there you are Embarassed Laughing

David, simply move and live in Wengen. How easy a solution to all your problems is that? You seem to quite like the place, know everyone there already and can use the internet for work and to post on here,

Job sorted. Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
D G Orf, I think that's more than a bit disingenuous to hundreds if not a thousand small resorts scattered through the Alps (or the rest of the World). You choose Wengen precisely because it doesn't challenge your skiing, your social skills or your ego (in the nice sense). You define and reinforce that with your already booked three trips there this year and the very apparent unwillingness to cancel one or even two and take advantage of a very gracious invitation to visit the States with a host. That's something that few of the rest of us could hope for.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque, I'll agree with the latter half of your post, however I have visited a lot of resorts (all be it mainly in the summer) and for scenery I'd rate Wengen in the top 5, although being honest Zermatt and the Matterhorn have to beat it for pure dramatic backdrop.

marc gledhill, I'm giving it very serious consideration
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
D G Orf, I'm really confused now Puzzled

I thought that this thread was precisely because you couldn't find someone to share your passion with Wengen with?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
D G Orf, Although in some respects I agree with marc gledhill, that you should just up sticks and move to Wengen, but on the other hand that would be like moving into a very comfortable bubble.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kramer, I'm glad someone else is as confused as I am Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
IncogSkiSno wrote:
D G Orf.........but on the other hand that would be like moving into a very comfortable bubble.

And the problem with that is..................?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
marc gledhill, What happens if someone pops it?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nadenoodlee, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
marc gledhill, This may give you a clue.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=2386&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=640

Sorry the whole page copied, just scroll to near the end.
snow report
D G Orf, what, exactly is the point of this thread? wink
latest report
Kramer,
Quote:

what, exactly is the point of this thread?

Sorry, point ? there was supposed to be a point ?? Oh dear, um I think I may have forgotten something Embarassed Laughing
snow report
D G Orf,
Quote:

It's just I need to be in Wengen to be so

Why ??
snow report
Chris Brookes, Ah the great question, for which I have no answer
ski holidays
D G Orf, you must have some idea Puzzled
latest report
None whatsoever, I just become a different (happier) person there, which boosts confidence wonderfully
snow report
Getting back to the self-confidence factor, I can't understand how anyone could doubt that DG Orf lacks it in any way. This is the man who owns the legendary

Orf Funkhouse. Find me any nightclub owner with a

self-confidence problem and I'll eat a rubber banana.
snow conditions
David Goldsmith, Oh dear did you have to show those
ski holidays
I was just trying to illustrate a serious point, DGO.
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, Looks like the nightclub owner and the rubber banana have at least one thing in common-bad taste rolling eyes
latest report
Peter Stringfellow? Bad taste? I'm sure the man loves Wengen!
snow report
David Goldsmith, no I'm sure I've never seen him there, several other well known people yes, but not him
snow report
D G Orf, so without putting too fine a point on it, when you're in Wengen you don't have any problems pulling?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Only if he leaves his gloves on Little Angel
snow conditions
Kramer, I wouldn't go that far, but I do find things easier
latest report
In Napoleonic terms

Kramer wrote:
Loads of blokes develop a defence strategy of being a totally non-threatening friend around women, as they learn at an early age that it is a way of avoiding rejection from women that they like. Unfortunately it also tends to signal that you're not interested in them as potential partners.

Would this be a poltron de coeur or a poltron de tête?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 22-08-05 21:09; edited 1 time in total
snow report
D G Orf, i can understand being more happier and maybe that gives you more confidence but you need to overcome that or i suggest you go and live in Wengen. We would love to live in Murren .
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing Laughing Laughing Well I found it funny
snow report
Frosty the Snowman,
Very Happy LOL Toofy Grin
snow report
comprex, faint heart never won fair lady, so I would have to say un poltron de couer.
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee, boredsurfin, Thanks folks. I felt qualified to speak on the matter, as according to some I am a world authority in that particular field Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Confused Puzzled Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Shock Blush Madeye-Smiley

Anyone have any ideas for my 2000th post. I would like it to be a momentous occaision.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman,
We need a straight over their heads smilie Very Happy

Post 2k >
Start a discussionwith the words, On the Snow and Rock scale of skier ability............................... Toofy Grin
snow report
Frosty. You could mark your 2000th post by erecting a

or maybe just a 2-man white tent, if you're more modest than Blair.
Alternatively, throw a party at the Orf Funkhouse.
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, Does the dome still exist ?
snow report
D G Orf wrote:
Kramer, I wouldn't go that far, but I do find things easier
thank god the brass scene is still alive n kicking in wengen
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy