Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Deer and skier collide

Poster: A snowHead
Skiers/boarders occasionally collide with each other. But colliding with a deer is unusual. Any snowhead collided with an animal whilst skiing?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
collided with a few animals in the clubs at night rolling eyes
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jase2472, Collided or colluded? Twisted Evil
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Had a close run in with a marmotte while biking last summer if that counts
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We had a deer run out in front of us in Norquay 2 years ago I must say its was quicker down the black than I was.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Axsette #1 claimed to have seen an Ostrich while we were driving through woods in France last year. But we all told her she was drunk. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AxsMan, its possible there are ostrich farms in the UK
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Russell, (I suspected as much) Just don't tell Axsette#1 we have her convinced she is delusional Twisted Evil Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've collided with a sheep while cycling. I won.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Russell, are you suggesting that the ostrich took the ferry or the tunnel?

I hit a deer while in artic (me, not the deer); the artic won
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My uncle hit a herd of sheep - quite a few of the sheep lost...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
achilles, Deer me, I have a haunch he hoofed it afterwards wink wink wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DH once collided with a sheep on a motorbike, they both lost - the sheep more so. He also collided with a blackbird and it ended up impaled in his leather jacket by its beak!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum wrote:
sheep on a motorbike

Shouldn't be allowed. Baaa. wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I almost hit a deer last year in Ste Foy - but I was driving! It jumped onto the road just below the village. I have run into a dog on my skis, which was dramatic wink
ski holidays
i hit a horse on my motorbike. What a horse was doing on my motorbike I don't know rolling eyes

Going up the A30 early in the morning, quite a surprise to see it standing there Confused I couldn't help but clip it. Me and the bike slid our separate ways down the road. My bike had to be put down, as did the horse Evil or Very Mad (whereas it should have been the owner that was put-down for not looking after his animal properly)
snow report
I had a wasp fly inside my helmet. It stung me three times or four. Skin really hurt after!
snow conditions
chris, bet the wasp didn't enjoy it much either! Laughing
ski holidays
my mum accidentally hit what was either a v small deer or a large dog. The animal won. It was coming back up from Wales, arrived home at 5am on a towtruck.
ski holidays
crazy_skier_jules, what had it been doing in Wales? How do you know it had been there? Did it have a sticker on it saying so? To which part of the deer was the towtruck attached? Come on, more details.
snow report
I flipped a squirrel while on the mountain-bike. It ran into me from the side, did a full circuit with my foot, got flipped out the side and ran off. It seemed ok
snow report
Caspar, it may become a popular squirrel pastime.
ski holidays
A mate of mine banged into an "old dear" once. Not pretty but it can happen, too much apres ski!
snow report
richmond, Flipping for kicks or kicking for flips? Twisted Evil
snow report
There is a rather large stag currently lurking around the roads of Villaroger, so be prepared to stand on the brakes pretty sharpish. Looking at the size of it, and in particular it's antlers, I wouldn't fancy colliding with it.....
snow conditions
Had a large cow that was being led down the loading ramp jump sideways and land on the bonnet of a 3ltr Capri. In its hurry to scrabble off the bonnet it got caught short and release what would have resulted in a large cow pat all over the windscreen. Cow scampered off leaving the Capri with the tops of the McPherson struts poking through the bonnet. Had a rabbit run across the front of my wife and my skis whilst skiing at a fair pace.
snow conditions
chris, I was cycling along the Thames towpath last summer when a wasp flew into my mouth. I spat it out quickly, but still had a sore mouth for some days.
snow conditions
richmond, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Got a rabbit once...

Appeared in front the car quite a way ahead, so slowed down and kept my line to give it the chance to choose left or right.....it didn't decide so I finally swerved to my left.....which is where he finally decided to go! Sad

Car won as you can guess....I'm french so nearly stopped to pick it up (lovely with bacon and mustard and the oven.. Very Happy ) but felt too bad.. Embarassed
ski holidays
nlinesw4, that happened to me last year. Shock
latest report
We hit two large dogs a couple of years ago on the motorway in France - the front of the car was totalled - radiator leaking all over the place etc... Good thing my brother didn't panic really because they were darting all over the motorway so he just went straight and slowed down as much as he could before impact. There were bits of dog stuck in the grill at the front, it was horrible! I've never hit anything skiing, except someone else, once - that hurt lots.
ski holidays
Often see deer on road near Wisley, on the drive to Gatwick at some God-forsaken hour to go skiing. snowHead
snow report
Important questions 'Deer Skiers' but - was the deer stopped at the edge of the piste? did you come up on its blind side? Were you following too close behind when it stopped? Had it sat down just below a ridge? was it a (badly educated) teenage deer? how baggy were its trousers?

we should be told Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Kruisler, I used to regularly hit pheasants which, if you were careful, could be eaten. Roadkill rabbits are rarely worth it, although I have eaten them; I think the immediate pre impact terror releases adrenalin or something which tends to toughen the meat.
snow report
Quote:

I used to regularly hit pheasants

I hope you wore gloves. Even then it's not much of a fair fight is it?
snow report
I nearly ran into a Deer when on the bike.

Hooning down a tarmac track (the shame Embarassed ) towards the car park at Hardcastle Craggs last spring, lovely day, frosty, no wind, see for miles etc. When one jumped over the wall about ten yards ahead of me.

At that speed there was no way I could stop, and initially the deer froze. Just before I really cacked it, the deer regained it's senses and sprang out of the way. It was only about ten minutes later I realised how close it was.

However, I have eaten loads of flies and drowned many a midge in my eyes before now.
snow conditions
I wonder if bears in Canada have ever caused a problem. Normally, they will be hibernating in the winter - and the weather this year has been cold. But Whistler has been slushy other seasons. Could be interesting if the bears wake up - particularly back country. And didn't PG say the French were releasing wolves inot the mountains?
snow report
Walking in the park last year we saw a very small, presumably baby, squirrel. My friend cooed a bit and walked over to it. Rather than retreat, it disappeared up her trouser leg with predictably hilarious results
snow report
An unfortunate Snowboarder in the wrong place at the wrong time got gored by a Reindeer while going up the Fiacaill Ridge Poma on CairnGorm Mountain a couple of seasons ago ! I'm aware of a few collisions in the past on the White Lady - they don't tend to bother getting out of your way and there's been a few scrunches on the road as well - but them actually charging someone is very very rare (thankfully!).
snow report
Winterhighland, Reindeer probably just got fed up waiting for the boarder to finish faffing about with their bindings. Twisted Evil Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy