Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Munich to Samnaun route and shops

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I will be self catering in Samnaun in a couple of weeks time flying to Munich airport. Plane is landing around 4:30pm I think. Does anyone know a route that will take me past some food shops that are open as I guess we will be to late by the time we arrive in the resort. Many thanks for any help.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Altho' it's no as bad as it used to be food shopping in southern Germany on a Saturday afternoon is not great ... none of the big supermarkets will be open by the time you're out of the airport so i would think you best bet would be a shop in a service station on the motorway. There is a great serivce station on the A12 west of Landeck with great restaurant and a variety of deli's and shops but I can't remember the name of it ... it's something like TirolerHaus .... I did have a brochure from there cos I was so impressed by it but I recently binned it ... I'll see if I can find it on the net.

I have done self catering in Samnaun but as I did not do the shoping (or cooking) I don't know if the food was bought there or brought down from Germany .. I can't say I noticed many food shops there then or since when I've skied over from Ischgl for the odd lunch.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RichA,
Thanks for the info according to my map the A12 stops at Landeck and doesn't go west of it. Is my map out of date or is it the same road masquerading as something different? Do you know roughly how far away from Landeck the service station is? as we would normally turn of at Landeck looking at the map.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sorry T Bar, I meant east of Landeck. I would say the one I was thinking of is between 10-50 km from Landeck ... basically between Innsbruck and Landeck .. I had a search on the web but couldn't find any details of the one I was looking for ... a lot of the service stations on the A12 are pretty decent though so you'll probably find what you want if you try a couple of them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy