Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stab's guide to making your skis a lot more fun.

Poster: A snowHead
Did this last year but thought I'd report on it, seeing as there are quite a few skiers here and I'm always up for helping people enjoy skiing more.

This idea was originally 2 years ago but I had a chance of a pair of skis for nothing last year so I took it.

Step 1: Take a ski, I opted for the Salomon 3V race ski, in a fetching red and yellow.

Step 2: Cut that bitch in half, I had to use a file for this as I have no saw. Have you ever tried to file a ski in half? Not easy I can now report. Anyway, I enjoyed it as these skis are in perfect working order. To prove this fact I skied down the street on them without bindings or even ski boots. (1st time on skis ever, and it wasn't that much fun, but that's all changing soon)

Step 3: Find a skateboard, I chose the 1st Matt Pritchard pro model, a few years old but still lots of pop in it.

Step 4: take a couple of long wood screws and firmly fasten the good part of the ski to the under belly. Admire the fetching yellow red effect this creates.

Step 5: Go test it.

I had to raise the board up a bit to get the edges to work but after that it rocked, even came down the nursery slope on it during one test day. For around town it rocks, and surely must beat lugging skis around. Plus no sticks to drop, it also eliminates the hazard of taking someone's head off with that over the shoulder carrying technique you all seem to like.

Here's an early prototype, unfortunately I used an old salomon snowboard. Didn't really work that well because as you see, I had to jig saw the edges off. Plus it was more fun cutting good skis in half, kind of like therapy.

And there you have it meine damen und herren, 5 easy steps to improving the fun factor of skiing, and don't forget, skis come in pairs, so all you need is another old skateboard and you and the partner can experience the rush together.
I don't know of many skis that can give 2 people fun at the same time. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
top banana Very Happy Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Plus it was more fun cutting good skis in half, kind of like therapy.

Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stab, you have too much time on your hands Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris Brookes, maybe so but I bet DGOrf can identify where I used to live from picture 2 Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stab, im sure you are right Laughing he now knows where you live from your recent pics from your place Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stab, not for certain, but I could make a couple of educated guesses, there aren't that many locations with that particular combination of building styles in Wengen Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'll give you a clue, there was a pub underneath.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Best use of Salomon Equipment i've seen, it might catch on, maybe Salomon can start to supply their equipment already in the best form for the bin too! Oh! They already do! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Best use of Salomon Equipment i've seen, it might catch on, maybe Salomon can start to supply their equipment already in the best form for the bin too! Oh! They already do! Toofy Grin

Laughing pretty much my opinon of Burton gear. (says he with the burton jacket/trousers/jumper/hoodie/boots and girlfriend's board/boots and bindings)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stab, Oh you were there were you Shocked well at least it would be handy for drinks Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
even handier for sleepless nights, noisy neighbours and music until it's time to wake up Smile
I really liked living there but it was time to move on before I lost it.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stab, Ah but you now have much further to walk with the shopping Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
D G Orf wrote:
stab, Ah but you now have much further to walk with the shopping Laughing

If you ever see someone boarding down from Allmend with a co op bag in hand, that's me Smile Tends to get some funny looks that does.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Stab -- Nice pics. There is a commercial version of your prototype already on the market. Made by a British company, I think. Can't recall its brandname, though.
ski holidays
yeah the snowskate or something, I think salomon make them, I have a santa cruz one but it isn't as ghetto as the ski hybrid Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy