Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

More than good Allrounders..!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from a Swiss trip and here are a few thoughts on thr skis I used.

Arrived in Engelberg on the back of the-end-of-a-ski-season-as-we-know-it, to find spring conditions and warm weather so I took out the Stockli XL. No probs here and a stonking ski in ther Stockli mould with a great edge hold. This is not fresh news, everyone knows this.. Laughing

It snowed overnight and I went for Stockli Snake BC's. The chaps at the test centre are pretty sorted and very helpful.
The BC is 88 wide and a twin type. Bombproof contruction and suitable all over the hill. Typically Stockli edge hold and good float. I just don't think Stockli make bad skis. Great start.

Andermatt had more snow and I got the Volkl Mantras. I tried both 191 and 184 and this is a real fun ski at 96mm wide. I didn't have the hard pistes to contend with but found the 184 great all over the shop. Its floats and swims very easily. I think it will handle harder pistes with a bit of input. Very smooth flex in deeper stuff. Great ski

On to VDA and it hadn't snowed as much as the two resorts further north. Not a great choice of shops but I tried the Movement Spark thinking OP would be wanting. Well, it was easy to find good stuff for the rest of the week particualrly if you paid a bit of attention to the time of the day and the pistes were in very good nick. The very steep icy blacks down to Zinal and Grimentz were a very stiff test for edges and we went through a few roped off pistes to put these through the motions. Great fun and impressive but again you have to make an effort. At 82mm wide, they were the thinnest of the trip but the did well in breakable, and turned easily in softer stuff. No real big anmaited turns requied either, just ride them and they do it.

All in all, a great trip and met up with a few snowHead Fatbob, Greg and Johno and friends

Snow was very good and the temps very cold..... Top top ski....Volkl Mantras... Rollocking...!!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
so basically no bad 'uns??

did you get Tony into the modern era?

and any pics/video to share Very Happy

Cheers,

Greg
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Greg, I am trying to dump the thing as we speak.. I have about 70 mins or so. I am experiementing with an alternative to USB which degrades too much for my liking.

Tony and the modern error....? Noooooooo, but then again he doesn't need them much, although we did get Yve to try One Luvs.

3 very good skis and the Mantras won out as the condiitons suited them best. These will be my first pick in LG
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JT wrote:
Hi Greg, I am trying to dump the thing as we speak.. I have about 70 mins or so. I am experiementing with an alternative to USB which degrades too much for my liking.

Tony and the modern error....? Noooooooo, but then again he doesn't need them much, although we did get Yve to try One Luvs.

3 very good skis and the Mantras won out as the condiitons suited them best. These will be my first pick in LG

Nice one!! Did you go with Firewire?

How did Yve get on??

Sounds like a cracking trip given the "lack of snow" Wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We found lots of stuff, got in a few scapes...well, one big one following the ski club which just goes to re-emphasise a few things.

VDA is well worth a visit if you can read a map even though it had the worst snow of the 3.

She liked the skis but........

Yep, cracking trip, sh*te snow... wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

We found lots of stuff, got in a few scapes...well, one big one following the ski club which just goes to re-emphasise a few things.

Tell us more, are you talking about SCGB as I didn't think they had reps in any of the resorts you mention?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dypcdiver,

They were in Engelberg and moved over to Andermatt when the snowpack appeared unstable. They appeared nice enough but they happened to find the only cliff en-route to Hospental. And it was harder to find it than to avoid it. We stupidly followed them....I know, I know.. and end up scambling down this cliff whilst they videoed us....!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dypcdiver, see here,
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh dear, I have also been led by the party leader and had to be rescued, and on another we didn't get back to base until 21:30.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dypcdiver,

It was a decent wake-up call.... sometimes you can laugh these off
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy