Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on Snowboard boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm a skier at heart but have done about two full weeks of boarding and am reasonable at it. I've just done a bit this time but what annoyed me was my heel virtually left the boot when I wanted to turn on my toe side. I have a Goofy style and found that my ankle wanted to leave the boot as well when I was leading with my right foot.

I tried a smaller size which was very tight in the toes and wound them right up but still had the same problem.

I need a boot that locks me in. Is this possible?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sounds like the boots were crap/worn out/not laced properly. I don't know if all Burton boots do it but mine have little yellow J bars, velcro sided banana shaped things that go inside the boot around the ankle bone, locks you right in.
Actually saying that I took mine out Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm liking K2's women's boot, and Mr L is likewise pleased with his T1s from the same manufacturer. Both have a Boa lacing system (on the innner boot in the case of the T1) which allows for quite precise tightening of the boot around the foot. Took him a bit of getting used to after his (not very good) old boots though.

Alternatively, both Burton and 32 do a system where the lacing thingy for the inner boot pulls directly on the heel/ankle, with a separate system for the upper part of the boot - I liked this on the Burton Sapphires I tried, but went with the K2s as they were far and away the most comfortable.

General opinion I found when looking for boot advice was that Burton are resting on their laurels a bit and being outpaced by the likes of 32, K2 and others.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jack Hallam, Sorry guy, ya just got to go shopping till you find the manufacturer(s) with the right 'last' shape for your feet/ankles. I have (had) narrow heels and ankles and I found that both Salomon and Northwave are a nice close fit. But it really is a matter of getting out there and sticking your plates into them till you find what fits you.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Totally agree with Masque
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Me too. Just bought some Salomon Dialogues. Nice tight fit at the ankle - but you gotta try them all on to know what fits best
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have a pair of Burton Motos that are great on my left foot but are a bit wierd (as in loose around the heel) on my right, which is my bigger foot - work that one out!!!

Anyhow, What I did was place an extra inner sole out of my Salomon trainers inside the sock in my boot and then wear a thick, woolly sock that I chopped off below the ankle (so it looks like a trainer sock) and now everything fits fine. It doesn't sound (or look) pretty but it works ad it means I don't have to fork out another £100+ on some more boots just yet!

I suppose you just have to look around for the right boots but I'd suggest just placing another innersole in the ill-fitting boot and it might just help push your foot up into the lower lace zone and keep everything tighter.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Specialman, I agree. When I got my new boots I also invested in a couple of pairs of heat molded inner soles. The fit was good before hand but much better with the inner soles
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy