Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

To dome or not to dome?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a dilemma - I am going boarding in Arinsal at the end of the month and some of my mates are going to the Castleford dome on Saturday for a bit of a practice run but I don't know if I should or not.

My reasons are:
1. I have only ever boarded on piste before and I have heard that these Snow Domes are basically just compacted ice, so I'm not sure if I would actually enjoy it or if it would just be hard work.
2. I am worried that I may wipe out and injure myself - thereby ruining my holiday
3. I haven't boarded since 05, so if it's/i'm not very good at the dome then I will just be pissed off
4. Its pretty expensive - wonder if it's actually worth the money.

So what are your thoughts? It does strike me that with current snowfall in Andorra, it may actually be good practice for boarding on compacted ice Sad But then if I don't enjoy it I might stop looking forward to the holiday as much as I am...

Oh what to do....what to do?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowdomes are not ideal, but they are fine for a pre-vacation warmup. Stop wussing about and go.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's fun to do, but this time of year it will be busy. I've been there when it's been a bit icy, but it can also be very sugary.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ha Whitegold, I should have expected that!

Cheers both - I'm going to go Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good man! Get in there and show 'em what you can do. When you get to Arinsal you will have already got rid of the rust. BTW, while you're in Arinsal please pop into Quo Vardis and have several drinks for me Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sweet.

Let us know how you get on.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whitegold, If he breaks somethin it's your fault.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well I went and it was cool.

I was really impressed actually, the slope was lovely and sugary and I remembered what to do immediately Very Happy

I now can not wait to go away - only 24 days! Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy