Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New UK Air Tax Starts Today (illegal) ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i could.. i could point you at piles of the stuff.. i work near geeks who live for this shite.. ( though i may get fired for sneaking it out of the office domain) but if we stick to uninterupted global growth in a low inflation enviroment with an expanding customer base.. asset price growth across nearly all classes and only a toy war in the middle east to deal with .. i think you will do well to find a better 10 economic years.. maybe the romans had it better for awhile..
snow report
 brian
brian
CANV CANVINGTON, is that the previous 10 or the next 10 ?

Any idea where the pound's going to go relative to the Swiss Franc in the next year ? Laughing I have to decide whether to fix my mortgage transfer at today's rates or let it fluctuate Confused
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hoppo, I think the tax/GDP chart is relatively easy to correlate with political events. Mrs T inherited a steeply rising tax burden and the momentum carried on for two years when she honoured the massive public sector increases awarded by Callaghan to buy off the strikers. There was a plateau for another 2-3 years, followed by a continuous fall through all of Thatcher's 2nd and 3rd terms and most of the Major years. It started climbing as he lost his grip in the last half of his premiership. Momentum (again) saw it continue to climb during the first half of Blair/Brown's first term, but fell for a short period because Labour honoured its pledge to stick to Tory spending plans. Since then, they've let rip and the tax burden is back to the levels Mrs T inherited and rising.

It will be interesting to see if the flattening out in the projection will occur (the Treasury could hardly predict anything else). I suspect that it might, but that public debt will rocket. Brown will not want to tax but he will to spend when he's PM in the run up to the next election.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
brian wrote:
CANV CANVINGTON, is that the previous 10 or the next 10 ?

Any idea where the pound's going to go relative to the Swiss Franc in the next year ? Laughing I have to decide whether to fix my mortgage transfer at today's rates or let it fluctuate Confused

no.. if i did i wouldnt be getting up at 5.30 am to work here thats for sure !! wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What about the US dollar? I have abot $200 bout at $1.78 to the pound. How long do I have to wait do you think before it is worth changing them back to stirling?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
TimDog, you have made about 11 quid.. 1.76 is roughly last summer some time .. so you have been long of cash dollars and short of stg in your account for 6 months.. so you are earning zero and not getting paid say 5 per cent so you have lost £2.50 or so on funding costs..
unfortunatly with transaction costs of trading running at 10 per cent i would think realising your profit may be problematic.. i suggest finding someone going to the states who is willing to trade at mid market..
i havn't factored in the insurance costs of holding such a large sum of currency wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hmm

$200 @ $1.76=£1 cost £113.64
$200 today's rate (admittedly not the tourist rate) costs £101.49

So, TimDog has lost a little, rather than gained.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
achilles, now i know why i dont work on the spot f.x. desk !
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CANV CANVINGTON, achilles, I think I'll just wait until I next go to the states and spend it then!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy