Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

alpage de chantel/les arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
does anybody know if there is a way to move between the 2 appartment blocks that make up this accomodation without going on the road or climbing up a snowy bank.I think I've read spme where that they share an underground car park,is it possible to move between the blocks this way?

Also,is there a way down to 1800 avoiding the steep outside path ?

I know it's a long shot,but hope someone can help

thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skitrish, welcome to snowHeads!

Which buildings are you talking about? There are four separate buildings at Alpage du Chantel. Two of the buildings share an underground car park (these two buildings are very close to each other) and the other two buildings each have their own underground car park.

To get from the lowest building to the highest building is either a short steep walk up the piste, long walk up the road or a quick ride in the free resort shuttle bus. If you're in the lowest building there's probably no need to walk up the hill to the topmost building (it's easier to walk down to the main part of the resort).

To get to the main part of 1800 from any of the buildings at Chantel you can catch the free shuttle bus or walk down the piste. Both options are fairly straightforward. The bus runs every 20 minutes I think, until late.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
getting a bit confused,

i thought there were only 2 buildings, we stayed in what I feel was the closest building to the main town (just near a path down to 1800) 2years ago, this building had 5/6? floors and a swimming pool ,it was ski in/ski out via a short slope down to kindergarten. Behind(further up slope)this building was another accom block.

where are the others? are you talking about restaurant/shops further up slope and to the right over a small bridge?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skitrish wrote:
where are the others? are you talking about restaurant/shops further up slope and to the right over a small bridge?

Yes. From your description you stayed in the lowest building (the Roselend). The building behind it and directly up the ski slope is the St Bernard (where I have a small apartment), then a little bit further up are two building next door to each other which have the restaurant and ski shop in them (Chantel 1 & 2).

The Roselend is the closest to the centre of Arc 1800, and is reached down the footpath from the front of the building. To walk from Roselend to St Bernard and Chantel 1 & 2 the easiest way to do it is straight up the piste that runs past all the buildings. Alternatively all four buildings are served by the resort shuttle bus.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,

This my first post in the forum. Smile

I have a question regarding these apartments: I booked directly in the MGM web site for a week stay next February. Previously, I got an information by e-mail from the MGM reception saying there was 2 (only 2 !!!)different buildings: Chantel 1 and Roselend, both of them with indoor pool for guests.

Now, I'm reading about two more buildings of the same property and I got confused. The 2 additional buildings are also marketed by MGM for week renting ?

Best regards,
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Carlos_L, welcome to snowHeads.

There are currently four buildings at Alpage du Chantel. Two of the buildings are privately owned (some owners rent their apartments, others do not), and two of the buildings are available for rental through MGM.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Rob,

Thank you very much for this clarification.

Other question, with regard to catering: is there nearby restaurants and/or shops providing take-away food ? or even better, delivering it to the apartment ?

In case of positive answers, are the prices reasonable, or it would be better to go into the restaurants ?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There is one restaurant in the Alpage du Chantel complex. It is very pleasant, but not especially cheap. It gets busy in the evening so booking a table is recommended (I think they might do take-away food, but not certain about this). There is also a pizza service which will deliver to your door - good pizzas and cheap prices. It's a short, but steep walk down the piste to Arc 1800 where there are a number of restaurants to choose from. If you don't want to walk there is a free resort shuttle service which runs every 20 minutes until late at night.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy