Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 1950

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all , can somebody give me some information regarding Les Arcs 1950 please .

We are looking to stay at the Radisson SASapartments there , travelling with ThomsonSki .

I have got a fair bit of info off this site but still have more questions ,

-We are beginner skiers , how far is it to the nursery slopes around there and what kind of lifts do we have to contend with ?.

-I have read its pretty much english speaking resort here , is that correct ? Im happy to have a crack at languages but to be honest im not that hot at it .

-I have only travelled with Thomson for summer holidays , do you get a rep in resort at any time ?

Thanks for your help , the other place we looked at was Zell Am See , i have got all the info i need of that place from these forums , but if anybody has been to both of these , opinions on preference would be interesting .

Cool , thanks .
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads Naja, snowHead

Yes, there is bound to be a rep on hand. It tends to be a little hit or miss how useful they are but I guess that's probably the same with the Summer ones anyway Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Naja, welcome to snowHeads. The nursery slopes and easy slopes you can progress to are all very close to Arc 1950. There is a wide choice of easy slopes, some of which you can walk to from Arc 1950 and other areas which are a short ride up the Cabriolet gondola (about a minute's ride) up to the slopes at Arc 2000. English is widely spoken, just about everyone you come into contact with will have some English, although being able to say hello/goodbye, please/thank you in French goes a long way and just demonstrates good manners Wink

I've not travelled with Thomson but all of the tour operators will have a rep in the resort to make sure you're settled, etc. As a beginner you might find their services, or at least their presence, reassuring, but you can easily enjoy your holiday without needing a rep's service other than to let you know what time your transfer back to the airport is. Thomson might have a deal with a particular ski school in Les Arcs, but you could easily book directly with the only ski school based in Arc 1950 (Spirit 1950, who have a good reputation. They offer a beginners package of lessons and equipment hire for €260 per week).

Can't help with comparisons with Zell am See, but I'm sure other people will have comments on that.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Les Arcs 1950 is surrounded by easy slopes, you'll be fine. Have a good trip.
Chalet Des Arcs above the resort is great for lunch.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I believe that in Les Arcs 1950 Thomson/Crystal use ESF based in Les Arcs 2000. This is based on a conversation on the return transfer bus where one family was complaining that there hadn't been enough time to get up to 2000 pick up hire boots/skis and to join the ESF class on the first day.
We booked a one day private lesson for our 17 year old with Spirit 1950 and he was very pleased with the tuition/guidance.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Naja, Welcome to snowHead snowHead

You have made a very good choice of resort to begin in. The nursery slopes are right in the middle of the action at 2000 and you feel part of the scene straight away. There are excellent progression slopes of a blue nature adjacent so you will soon be getting around. I think the St Jacques lift is free, so you don't even need a lift pass to begin with. When you get brave toward the end of the week there are places you can tour to with dramatic scenery and even trees.

Top of Les Arcs would be my personal Number 1 for beginners.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Naja, Went to Les Arcs 2000 last year had a great time even though most of the runs were shut the first day. Had lessons all week with ESF, fantastic instructor called Frankie - he looked about 60 but what a great skier and learnt a lot, I went with Nielson and if Thompson reps are anything like these ones they'll be dragging you out every afternoon. you'll have aa great time.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy