Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TK Maxx - again.

Poster: A snowHead
Just back from browsing the rails at TK Maxx. I picked out a pair of Columbia salopettes (in Large) marked at £29 which I though was pretty good. However, on the 'super bargain, must go today' rail were 2 pairs of the same garment - medium at £16 and XL at £13 Shocked I tried them both on but the Large were the right ones for me so I figured that at £29 I had a bargain (£13 is even more of a bargain, of course but what ca yer do?).

At the till, the nice man scanned my salopettes and said, "that'll be £15 please". Needless to say I smiled politely, handed over £15 and left sharpish.

Hurrah for TK Maxx and roll on MSB when I get to try out my £15 Columbia salopettes Cool Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I got a pair of Goretex Rip Curl Ski/Boarding salopettes for £40 from TK Maxx. They retail for £195! And if you need ski socks, they're the place to go!

Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Red Leon, well done sir.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I once got 2 x pairs of Luhta ski pants in TK Maxx - horrendous colour but at £2 each..... Sold them on Ebay at £18 and £21 Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anniepen wrote:
I once got 2 x pairs of Luhta ski pants in TK Maxx - horrendous colour but at £2 each..... Sold them on Ebay at £18 and £21 Very Happy

That puts my 'bargain' well & truly in the shade Cool . I'll get me coat... rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Red Leon wrote:
I'll get me coat... rolling eyes

You mean the one that only cost a fiver? Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I saw a pair of orange ski pants in TK Maxx the other day; 10K waterproof and breathable; for £20 but I didn't think I was a good enough skier to wear them Laughing

Rik
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Red Leon wrote:
Anniepen wrote:

That puts my 'bargain' well & truly in the shade Cool . I'll get me coat... rolling eyes

At least you won't be ashamed to be SEEN in your coat. wink I dread to think what those trousers looked like on real people Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Something I thought I'd flag up although it may not come to anything that affects the UK.
The US company which owns TKMaxx had it's customer database hacked recently and details of credit cards in US, Canada and Pueto Rico were known to have been accessed. Many Canadian and US banks have subsequently had fraudulent transactions passed on those cards. I understand UK data is held on the same system, so just in case, cast an extra glance at your next couple of credit card statements if you shop there.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/29/tjx_data_fraud/
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Been to TK Maxx this afternoon and bought a tresspass ski jacket that was reduced from £50 down to £25 absolute bargain' I dont know how do they manage to make a profit selling ski wear at the price they do
i paid by credit card so i will check my next statement thanks admin,
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Today I bought a soft-shell Keela jacket for £39 Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I had Goretex Rossignol ski gloves for £18, and Surfanic salopettes for 7yr old for £15, & 2 x D2B jackets (red & white) £40 & £45 respectively - what I couldn't find in the local store were adult salopettes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
marlin wrote:
I dont know how do they manage to make a profit selling ski wear at the price they do

Costs almost nothing TK Maxx are taking the stuff which would usually have been cut up and sold as rags. Mind you they did have some really nice excess rossignol stock in a couple of months ago would have broken my heart to shred that.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marlin, I think they'll have probably locked themselves down again by now.
It's people eho used a credit card there in the past 3-4 yrs that should keep an eye on their statements.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
TK Maxx, I love the place. it's democratised the whole business of buying ski clothes. I can even afford to buy a new jacket more than once every five years, and finally throw out my circa 1990 green and purple side-zipping monstrosity that even Prince Charles would have been ashamed of.....
snow report
ollski, they had a gorgeous red ladies jacket, unfortunately not in my size, although I did try several local branches.
Sad
snow report
I OWE TK MAX my last Skiing holiday if it wasnt for the Mrs going into there and seeing a ski jacket cheap she bought it whilst with her friend and brought it home and to not look foolish she had to let us all go on a skiing holiday to Morzine for a fortnight ,which was brill .So all i can say is keep up the good work TK MAX bringing new people to the ski scene!!! So if it wasnt for women and there fickle fashion ways us better halves would never get to go skiing.Bye for now.
snow report
admin, thanks for a heads up on that. I bought quite a few things in Marshalls in San Diego 18 months or so ago. As soon as we walked into the place we could just tell it was "related" to TK Maxx . Loads of rails with sizes randomly distributed around them (checkout girl confirmed it was the same). Only difference was that the trousers were mainly in the XXXL - XXXXXL range. I'll keep an eye on my credit card statements though.
snow conditions
Colin B, Ime up in Peterborough on a job on the 14th small world hey.Just had a look at your site ,thought it neede a litlle too much info,wondered if you could tell me why you need birthdat for forum chat.Dont wish to be rude so please explain.Probably me just being paraniod.Bye for now
latest report
2HI, It's not my site I've just hosted a couple of videos on there. It's similar to MySpace, etc.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy