Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix late March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning all,

Seems I may be heading out to Chamonix in late March for a long weekend, don't know much about the place except that I would love to try the Vallee Blanche if conditions allow. I'm pretty competent on most stuff, what kind of level would you need to be to ski this run?

Also, end of March? A good time to go there generally?

Ta

IMT
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Generally Yes, end of March would be ideal but this season - who knows? The VB should be in ideal shape (snow bridges covering crevasses etc) but I don't know if the Arrete is even roped yet? You probably know about the need to join a guided group and that the trip will take the best part of the ski day to complete. There are a choice of routes and if possible join a group that will tackle the more ambitious variants of the classic Tourist route. There are many accounts of the VB on the web so I suggest you surf around. Have fun!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
warrell, Cheers for that, cetainly wouldn't try it without a guide. I thought the VB was around 22k, if so, how could this take he best part of a day? I know what you mean about this season, but hey, end of March is ages away..

IMT
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have a read of http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Haute-Savoie/Skiing-The-Vallee-Blanche
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers, will do.

IMT
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just read it, makes interesting reading. Moral is, I guess, take good care and prepare...

IMT
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy